The purpose of the position of Senior Piping Engineer includes but not limited to the following:
- Provide skills, integrity and knowledge in key areas of discipline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice. Understands company needs; identifies and addresses design parameters and problems; develops and implements solutions.
- Independently evaluate, organize and priorities work which is normally subject to internal checking and approval.
- Interface with other Project Specialists and Lead Engineers.
- Co-ordinate technical activities performed inside or outside the Company.
- To Assist the Lead Mechanical/Piping Engineer and Engineering Leadership, in managing the health of the Piping engineering skill pool and deliver the piping engineering improvement plan target.
- To also support the modifications, operations and maintenance of existing facilities via the Seplat’s
- MoC (Management of Change) process so as to ensure continuous and safe operations of facilities.
- To support fabrication, construction, commissioning and startup of new facilities.
B. Sc Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent, Minimum of 9 years relevant experience with oil industry design contractor.
• Must have worked as a Piping /senior Piping engineer for an EPCM and have been involved in both onshore and offshore projects.
• Must be familiar with working in a multi-discipline environment.
• Experience with generating specifications /drawings and equipment’s requisition for pressure vessels,internals, and piping components.