We are looking for an Engineering Manager for a growing organization that works offshore. You manage a team of Project Engineers and are ultimately responsible for the preparation of projects in which electricity cables are transhipped to and from the quay before being transported by ship to offshore wind farms. You plan, facilitate, organize, monitor and adjust if necessary. The company is involved in (sea) transport, facilitating storage and transshipment for their offshore customers. You determine which projects have priority and schedule the Project Engineers. You support Project Engineers, training new ones thoroughly in their role.
- Overseeing the project engineering of the cable services department, determining the most appropriate technical solution and methodologies from a technical, commercial and safety perspective.
- You prioritise the workload and schedule Project Engineers.
- Monitor the quality of the engineering company-wide.
- Ensure that Project Engineers deliver the work preparation approved and on time.
- Identify risks and complications, aiming to limit them by taking whatever measures may be necessary.
- You evaluate the engineering together with the project teams and identify opportunities for improvement, implementing
- You have a university level education and thinking level with a relevant technical background.
- You have demonstrable experience in managing a team of engineers.
- You have a good command of the English language, both speaking and writing.
- You are solution-oriented and have sharp analytical skills.
- You are flexible, in the sense that you can adjust your own behaviour, approach or working method in order to achieve a set goal.
- You can work independently, are comfortable with responsibility and you sound the alarm in time if necessary.
- You are assertive and can speak convincingly to customers and stakeholders.
- You have a good understanding of the interests, challenges and risks associated with working in the offshore industry.
- Must be permitted to live and work in the Netherlands