- Support the Engineering function throughout project design, procurement, construction, planning, and execution of company infrastructure by providing stakeholders with critical, decision-making information that helps ensure projects deliver on time and budget.
- Control and monitor total project expenditure, including verifying and checking invoices and claims from suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
- Work hand in hand with Projects SPA and discipline engineers to develop credible cost estimates to improve the standard of budget accuracy, develop and apply cost norms, and vet supplier CTRs to ensure quotations match deliverables and value for money are achieved at individual and portfolio level throughout the lifecycle of the projects.
- Work closely with project managers and discipline engineers to ensure that all budgeting is managed and on track to meet expected targets.
- Ensure early engagement with the project team to understand the work scope and produce cost deliverables in accordance with the project timetable to include phase-gate hold points, engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, pre-commissioning, and commissioning data, within a timely manner to maintain the schedule.
- Coordinate and work with the supply chain management team to resolve project issues to ensure the delivery/completion of the project work.
- Assemble cost information for decision support packages for phase-gate reviews with sufficient detail to allow informed decisions.
- Develop means to monitor, measure and control the engineering budgets, including mechanisms for alerting the project and management team to potential budget difficulties and offering recommendations for cost recovery.
- Pull together the annual budget and update the budget tracker and SAP, provide month-end updates for the engineering management and finance teams, and manage the cash flow.
- Provide input to annual and multi-year Portfolio Planning processes for developing the portfolio and the OPEX and CAPEX budget forecast.
- Develop a project norms database to improve Cost Estimating capability, accuracy, and consistency and hence our ability to review objectively and critique supplier CTRs.
- Ensure the project controls framework reflects the capture of as-built information. Also, ensure that change management is applied efficiently, capturing all changes that have a schedule and cost impact on the work scope.
- Regularly report on budget status and provide recommendations for any deviations to ensure risks are managed.
- Develop and maintain detailed Cash flow and Commitment flow throughout the project phases.
- Review and validate contractual compliance of project invoices.
REPORTING AND COMMUNICATION
- Reports to the Engineering Manager
- Exhibits and maintains excellent working relationships with all staff.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Contract duration: Permanent hire
- Work rotation: 30/28 days
- Start date: ASAP
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications and Experience Required
- Degree in Engineering or other Numerate Discipline
- Chartered (preferred)
- Membership of a discipline-related professional body (preferred)
- Minimum Professional Experience Required
- Minimum of 15 years of experience with facilities fabrication/construction/engineering project controls the environment, ideally within an oil and gas industry. A discipline professional with expertise and knowledge of project control requirements.
- Fluent in written and spoken English (essential)
- PC Literate in MS Windows, Excel, MS Office, and Primavera Planning (preferred)
- Experience in SAP Project, Procurement, and Finance Modules is highly desirable.
- Demonstrable success in initiating change and delivering improvements, and resolving issues.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and experience in project controls, including finance, cost analysis, estimating, planning/scheduling, progress measurement, forecasting, and reporting.
- Working knowledge of SAP Project, Procurement, Finance Modules, and Primavera P6.
- Basic experience and understanding of estimating and benchmarking.
- Good interpersonal and collaborating skills.
- Good organization and prioritization skills to execute work accurately and largely self-directed, handle multiple priorities and analyze reports and trend activities.
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) in English.
- Commitment to continuous learning.
- Excellent understanding of the company’s business
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Possess experience with Cost Control, Earned Value Management, budgeting, Estimating, Change Management, Planning, Forecasting, Reporting Progress and Performance, and Project Funding.
- Analyses complex data and then delivers clear, articulate, and concise messages in a compelling manner.