Senior Contract Manager
For one of our major clients we have been awarded a contract related to a prestigious Renewable Energy Project Rotterdam, Europoort.
Within the project, serval sub-projects are being planned, including:
- A HVO unit for the production of renewable diesel and aviation fuel
- Ammonia storage facilities
- A hydrogen purification unit (PSA) and LPG recovery facilities, and
- Several modifications to existing facilities.
Position: Senior Contracts Manager
Working Options: Full time
Starting Date ASAP
Reports to The Section head of Contracts and Procurement and the Project Manager of Major Projects
Language: Fluent in English and Dutch (both verbally and in writing)
Duration: Until end 2027/28.
As a member of the Project team his/her responsibilities are:
- Prepare and implement contracts. Ensure appropriate pre-qualification of (prospective) suppliers.
- Conduct discussions with Stakeholders to develop the EPICC contracts considering current and future market outlook, HSEE, Ethics & Compliance, risks, business risk mitigation’s, materials management, etc.
- Implement a sustainable sourcing strategy (based on the business case) for low/medium risk, value and complexity of goods/services
- Prepare and implement contracts and ensure that various activities are set up to manage contracts e.g., contract management performance plan, reporting, set up in various systems, clarity & understanding of role & responsibilities, etc.
- Develop and execute negotiating strategies.
- Identify and resolve conflicting negotiation positions while maintaining relationships.
- Accurately judge when subject matter expertise is required to further develop and execute negotiation strategies.
- Explain the purpose of all contract provisions, independently defend, and assertively respond to challenges raised by internal and external parties.
- Shape project decisions in very early project phases to ensure that demand for goods and services can be met adequately.
- Ensure early involvement of contractors to maximisee the impact of their capabilities, market access and knowledge.
- Maximum value from existing contracting activities.
- Ensure cost and schedule assumptions taking full account of contracting strategy implications.
- Identify and build relationships with relevant capital project stakeholders.
- Provide support and manage changes with relevant stakeholders, providing proactive guidance to drive performance improvements.
- Execute applicable post-order management activities.
- Develop end-to-end material strategies and processes for events (projects, shutdowns/turnarounds) and material storage, preservation and oversees implementation.
- Develop integrated planning with key stakeholders, e.g. maintenance, projects, turnarounds, shutdowns).
- Analyse stocking levels and execute stocking strategies tooptimisee inventory levels.
- Work with relevant transport and logistics functions to identify opportunities for improvement and support execution.
- Implement materials quality appraisals & controls.
- Differentiate between critical and non-critical spares.
- Manage and communicate with identified relevant stakeholders during each stage of the supply chain.
- Support movement studies and execute improvements.
Key activities and accountabilities will include:
– Establish a safety-first culture to the project
– Build an excellent relationship and interface with OWNERs project team and design/construction contractor
– Capture lessons learned through pre- and post-project reviews, and implement quality, and provide specialised support to Project
- 15+ years’ work experience.
- University degree
- Thorough knowledge of project execution
- Good communication skills and aptitude for taking initiatives are essential,
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
- Working experience on the entire project life cycle (from conceptual design through to final commissioning and handover).
- An HSEE driven mindset
- Good people management
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good knowledge of policies, procedures and best practices in the areas of his/her expertise
- Good planning skills
- Good negotiation skills
Page 1 of 1