Job Title: Project HSE Manager
Type of Role: Direct Hire
WTS Energy is the leading solution supplier in the international Oil, Gas, and Renewable Energy industries. We supply professional personnel and outsource services for projects and operations in all regions across the world. We take pride in partnering with our clients and consultants in relationships that are based on trust, high ethical standards, and consistent service quality. This is what we believe in, because in the end it is all about people. Our team is currently looking to fill a role for our client in Houston for a Project HSE Manager. This position will be responsible for ensuring correct development, management, and improvement of Project HSE Management System throughout the engineering and development phases of the project and the planning and coordinating the activities of all HSE personnel working both in design and on project sites. They will define criteria and references for developing project HSE plans and for undertaking specific studies and global analysis evaluating plant/platform performance in normal operating and upset conditions.
- Ensure that all design, procurement, construction, and installation activities are conducted in strict accordance with the Client HSE Requirements, Company HSE Standards, applicable local legislation, and International Standards (ISO1400 1 and ISO 45001).
- Staff and manage HSE design and site personnel.
- Ensure Project HSE plans and Procedures are developed and implemented throughout the entire project life.
- Define HSE strategies for the entire project and review the design studied from HSE point of view.
- Conduct preconstructionsurvey, identify safety criticalities and environmentallysensitive areas and design mitigation measures.
- Assist the Project engineering and management teams in the Risk Management process (i.e.,HAZOP, HAZID, Hazard and Effect Management Process, Risk Assessment, etc.).
- Take part in accident / incident investigation.
- Assist construction teams in HSE Risk Management and Occupational Safety Risk Assessment
- Identify potential emergency scenariosand develop emergency preparedness and response plans.
- Plan and conduct HSE auditing ofprojects sites and contractors.
- Ensure adequate HSE performance monitoring, analysis, and reporting.
- Ensure Project HSE needs identification and development of Project HSE Training Programs and awareness campaigns.
- Promote periodical Project HSE Review and ensure proper Project HSE Close out report.
- Ensure Health Management System implementation and MEDEVAC set up.
- Perform Significant Environmental Aspects identification and Management plans.
- Bachelors degree in Occupational HSE or related field
- 10 + years current work experience within HSE Management from relevant fields of industry (i.e., construction, maritime, offshore, or energy industries)
- Knowledge of investigation techniques and of data analysis and reporting of HSE events
- Knowledge and application of HSE reporting system (HSE regular reports and incident notification reports) and Incident Investigation.
- Knowledge of audit techniques and capability to manage and execute HSE audits and inspections.
- Knowledge of typical potential HSE emergency situations and related mitigation actions.
- Knowledge of waste, spill risk, energy, GHG management.
- Knowledge of criteria, standards, main techniques, and methodologies for hazards identification during work execution, occupational risk assessment and evaluation.
- Knowledge of related control measures including the hierarchy of controls. Knowledge of safety cases and safety critical elements (including Management of Change and SIMOPS)
- Capability to identify the training needs for individual resources.
- Capability to prepare and conduct induction and HSE training courses knowledge to identify and develop innovative HSE training and HSE communications initiatives.
- Capability of ensuring proper communication including the Company’s HSE communication tools (TBT, HSE Meetings, HOC, etc.).
- Knowledge of Company specific HSE Training Tools (E.g., Delphi, Insight)
- Knowledge and capability to integrate Life-Saving Rules into HSE training and communications to promote continuous and conscious adoption of the rules by all personnel.
- Knowledge of the main risks during the operation activities and safe working and environmental protection procedures/practices & rules to be applied.
- Knowledge of adequate Personal Protective Equipment – purpose, use and maintenance.
- Knowledge and the correct use of the Permit to Work system.
- Knowledge and ability to follow contractual aspects related to subcontracted activities.
- Knowledge of contractual and legal aspects of the operational country.
WTS is an equal opportunity employer with a firm commitment to growing inclusively, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, medical condition, age, or veteran status. However you identify or whatever background you bring with you, please apply. We look forward to hearing from you.