Website WTS Energy
August 29, 2023
Job Title: Project Contract Administrator
Type of Role: Direct Hire
Location: Houston, TX
Position Overview: WTS Energy is the leading solution supplier in the international Oil, Gas, and Renewable Energy industries. We supply professional personnel and outsource services for projects and operations in all regions across the world. We take pride in partnering with our clients and consultants in relationships that are based on trust, high ethical standards, and consistent service quality. This is what we believe in, because in the end it is all about people. Our team is currently looking to fill a role for our client for a Project Contract Administrator. During the contract execution phase, analyze and manage the contract terms, exploring contractual solutions and alternatives to minimize risks and optimize opportunities.
• Manage and coordinate contract management activities ensuring that all aspects of the contract during the negotiation and execution phase are correctly addressed
• Manage the resources involved in contract management activities, develop relevant professional competencies and identify project staffing needs
• Supervise the application of company guidelines and standards relevant to contract management
• Provide all necessary reports regarding contract management matter to the corporate/company/project
• Ensure collection and sharing of lessons learned, feedback and returns of experience on issues
encountered during contract management activities
• Ensure, for the area of its remit, application of the industrial risk management methodology
• Recover bid contractual summary, any legal analyses and other support documentation prepared during
• Verify the completeness of contract documents (consistency check), supervise their distribution to project
team members and regularly execute contract induction meetings
• Assist the Project Manager in developing the contract management execution strategy and ensure change
process on the project, including appropriate claim management actions
• Ensure that all project specific contracts for goods, services or subcontracts are drafted incorporating
contractual obligations and assisting the Project Manager in identifying critical packages (subcontractors and vendors) requiring special monitoring of contract risks
• Participate in the periodical project budget review meetings
• Review regulatory requirements
• Review, update and complete all partner agreements according to contract/project development
• Coordinate the contractual documentation filling
• Ensure the contribution to the Legal function for the management of preliminary activities of litigations
and contribute during the following activities
• 5-8 years’ experience in Contract Administration in an Oil & Gas Environment
• Knowledge of contracts schemes and contractual terms and ability to analyze the main contractual
• Knowledge of the process of claim and change management with regards to contracts with partners, suppliers, and customers.
• Capability to address rights and responsibilities in a legal perspective and to highlight pros and cons in relation to a certain variation, dispute, or claim, distinguishing the commercial and legal constraints.
• Knowledge of methodologies and tools for conducting risk assessment in terms of detecting, evaluating and prioritizing risks.
• Knowledge of contractual regulations, standard terms, and conditions. • Knowledge of the appropriate and applicable legislative requirements including but not limited to ISM
Code, SOLAS, and MARPOL.
WTS is an equal opportunity employer with a firm commitment to growing inclusively, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, medical condition, age, or veteran status