Job Title: Shift Supervisor, Vegetable Oil Extraction Plant
Location: Bonje, Mombasa County, Kenya
Reports to: Production Superintendent
Plan, lead and manage the daily shift operational activities of the plant and assigned team in order to ensure the set contractual quality, financial, cost and time targets.
- Organize the shift staffing on a daily basis, considering team members’ leave and vacations.
- Prepare and inspect raw materials and packaging materials, ensuring that they are ready for use and correcting and checking any inventory anomalies.
- Prepare product batches in accordance with written instructions/procedures.
- Generate work orders and product costing.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in the area of operation.
- Ensure a safe operation of the production in his area, in line with Quality and EHS standards (e.g. guarantees that personal protective equipment is available and used), reporting any deviations from process or safety standards.
- Report near misses, EHS concerns, or incidents as per defined timeline.
- Maintain and promote housekeeping in the area of operation.
- Focus on continual improvement processes to identify bottlenecks and initiate appropriate actions.
- Report repairs, breakdowns, and downtimes to the Production Superintendent for immediate action.
- Coach safety, quality, and productivity to ensure objectives are met through following standardized work.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BSc/Diploma in Production Engineering
- Fluent knowledge of English
- 3-4 years practical work experience preferably in vegetable oil extraction plant
- Firefighting & HSE basic courses (preferred)
- Experience in project management
- Quality control and assurance
- Must be able to work a rotating shift schedule and be flexible with working hours.
- May be required to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- May be exposed to loud noises, fumes, and/or airborne particles.
- Must be able to work in hot/cold temperatures.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.