WTS Energy is seeking to hire Principal Telecom Engineer for one of its client who is a reputed oil and gas Engineering and management company.
The successful candidate candidate must have command of Telecom engineering and will be responsible for the Telecom and Network design requirement for projects located in Iraq. During the Engineering and Procurement phase, he will be based in Abu Dhabi with the requirement to travel to Iraq (Basra region) on business trips from time to time for meetings with the Client and site visits.
- Overseeing Telecom design activities and preparation of Functional Design Specification for Telecom Systems.
- Executing all aspects of telecom related scope.
- Providing primary technical interface with Client.
- Preparation and management of the Technical Document Register.
- Preparation of RFP/Q and Technical Bid Evaluation.
- Reviewing of Specifications, Plot plans, General Arrangement and Area Classification Drawings.
- Selecting network equipment offered by telecom service providers in compliance to Client specification.
- Formulation of contract review criteria identifying discrepancies with original proposal.
- Preparation of telecom related man-hour estimates.
- Managing subcontractors for Network Installation & Commissioning.
- Liaising with telecom service provider and IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Ensuring effective communication between engineering and project management.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Minimum 15 years demonstrable experience in Telecom.
- Minimum 10 years demonstrable experience in Engineering consultancy.
- Demonstrable experience supporting cross-discipline activities beyond their core discipline.
- Good planning, project management and vendor management Skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive, results-oriented with excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.