- Responsible for generating and maintaining a practical schedule which shall be used for executing the project. The schedule shall be generated in consultation will all team leads and relevant stakeholders with good understanding of the requirements needed to execute the assigned project tasks and their interface to other sub-elements. The planner shall develop the activities, logic, resources and progress for the assigned project tasks, leading to the creation of the baseline schedule and its subsequent maintenance.
- Responsible for obtaining, querying and integrating contractor schedules for their individual contracts into the overall project schedule. Contractor schedules shall be scrutinized for accuracy, timing and logic and optimized before integration into the project master schedule.
- Responsible for developing and implementing planning and progress monitoring procedures.
- Generate weekly and monthly schedule progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses, including any impact from interface areas.
- Generate on a regular basis, comprehensive schedule status reports for the project including a monthly estimate of the value of work done (VOWD) by each of the contractors for that month and on a cumulative basis.
- Assess and incorporate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and identification of alternate approaches to optimize the plan(s).
- Liaise with and challenge Project engineering personnel to ensure proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers.
- Contribute to the translation of the project’s risk profile into the probabilistic risk model and understand the output, including the key risk drivers for the possible range of schedule completion dates.
- Track the criticality of the main paths to completion and float consumption.
- Provide input data for and participate in benchmarking activities. Contribute to close-out data to enable knowledge retention (lessons learned, project data compilation) at completion of work.
- Support the Operator with all matters related to project delivery schedule and planning presentations to the JV partner, regulatory authorities and the DPR as may be required.
- Obtain assistance as required from Team and Schlumberger specialists
- Perform all such other task as may be assigned by project director/project manager/operator.
Qualification and job requirements
- Bachelors Degree In Any Engineering, Or A Related Discipline, Or Equivalent Experience.
- Proven Track Record In Projects Planning And Control Working In Oil And Gas Facility Projects
- 15 Years Epc Experience, As A Project Planning And Controls Lead And Full Leadership Capacity In Oil & Gas Or Power Facility Projects.
- Must Have – Relevant Professional Certifications
- Hands-On Proficiency With Project Planning And Reporting Softwares And Tools.
- Vast Experience Specific To Epcom Projects Delivery, Strong Leadership Tenet And Astuteness Excellent Analytical Skills, Very Good Communication/ Presentation Skills,Resourcefulness, Innovation, Dependability
- Extensive skills in the use of Primavera P6 and Microsoft Projects planning tools is mandatory.
- Must have very good understanding of oil and gas activities, construction processes and techniques.
- Must have experience in assessing value of work done on a project and other project cost monitoring and reporting tools
- Experience with implementing probabilistic techniques in scheduling
- Experience of working in a multi-national and multicultural environment with diverse population.
- Excellent Communication Skills in both written and spoken English.