Website WTS Energy
November 18, 2023
JOB TITLE IT Support Officer
REPORTS TO IT Manager
JOB PURPOSE: Provide support to the IT team, working to develop, test, install, configure and troubleshoot computer hardware and software as well as ensuring timely and quality technical support to end users.
1. Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
2. Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
3. Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests – Provide first line support to IT end users.
4. Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults and test new technology
5. Provide support for Audio/Visual technologies, virtual collaboration technologies as well as shared devices such as Network printer, Scanner, photocopies etc.
6. Providing technical support across the company; setup accounts for new users and repair/replace equipment a necessary
7. Support the maintenance of servers and associated hardware, applications, services and settings
8. Support Implementation of company’s IT and Communication policies and management of all applications Software, Intranet, Internet and telecommunication infrastructure
9. Participate and contribute to systems planning and network implementation for all aspects of the company’s IT systems including workstations, applications and telephony
10. Contribute to identification and management of resources needed for the planning, development and delivery of specified information and communications systems services and products
11. Compile records of problems encountered in accordance with agreed standards and procedures. Ensure adherence to escalation procedures
12. Participate in and contribute to the preparation of the annual IT/Communications budget
13. Maintain the Information Security Risk Register
14. Provide regular periodic report on Information systems and performance
15. Handle equipment repair, repair for remedy failures, cable replacement and repair, replacement of information technology components
DIMENSIONS & KEY METRICS
• Timely Service Delivery • Adherence to SLA’s
• Timeliness and Accuracy of Reports
• HSE Compliance REQUISITE QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Computing, Engineering or Computing related discipline.
KEY COMPETENCE & BEHAVIORAL EXPECTATIONS
• Interpersonal and Communication (Oral and Written) Skills
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
• Ability to investigate security alerts and provide incident response.
• Assist with the drafting, maintenance, and delivery of IT security awareness training for employees.
• Knowledge of computing infrastructure.
• Must have strong technical knowledge of Polycom Systems, Tandberg/Cisco Systems, Creston, and other audio and video technologies.
• Data Management
• Report writing skills
• Time Management skills
• Presentation Skills
• Team player