I&C Supervisor (Nuclear)
2. JOB PURPOSE:
To Provide guidance and the highest level of component engineering skills and knowledge to component engineering program activities and complex troubleshooting, engineering evaluations, operability determinations, Operational Decision-Making Issues (ODMIs) and temporary modifications through the planning, execution, and post close-out phases i.e., I & C for the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant (BNPP) as per the regulatory requirements, operating policies and principles, nuclear standards for nuclear safety, industrial safety, and environmental protection, to ensure overall business performance objectives are achieved..
3. JOB DIMENSIONS:
Number of Staff Supervised:
4. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Oversee and provides direct supervision of electrical maintenance personnel to implement, control and report the electrical maintenance program (predictive, preventive, corrective program, Surveillance Tests and Periodic Tests) for Barakah NPP in order to deliver high quality maintenance in line with the expectations outlined in Conduct of Maintenance procedure to ensure safe and reliable operations.
- Directly supervise electrical maintenance teams to ensure all job tasks are performed in a timely manner and with quality to achieve operational readiness and to operate with the highest level of safety and reliability.
- Monitor in liaison with the Engineering Function, the performance of:
- The Nuclear Steam Supply System (NSSS) electrical equipment to include motors, motor generator sets, Reactor Coolant Pump (RCP) motors, Motor-Operated Valves (MOVs), crane and lighting, etc.to confirm appropriate function
- The Balance Of Plant (BOP) electrical equipment including power transformers, Gas Insulated Bus (GIB), switchgear (SWGR), protective relays, electrical motors, main generator in diesel generator sets, uninterrupted power supply (UPS) systems and MOVs to confirm appropriate function.
- Act as the Head of Electrical Maintenance, in case he is not on duty, based on DOW. Takes Head’s responsibilities and duties in emergency situations, when he is not available.
- Ensure proper and timely preparation and staging of electrical maintenance work activities which includes the submission of procurement requests on the system for equipment spare parts and special tools to ensure electrical maintenance activities are properly resourced.
- Conduct pre- and post-job briefings and oversee electrical maintenance teams performing tasks to ensure alignment with the maintenance standards and procedures in Nawah.
- Validate the document equipment history reports, following maintenance on electrical systems, structures and components
- Oversee periodic and surveillance tests conducted to confirm efficient plant electrical system performance or identify deficiencies.
- Provide technical support for other station groups to diffuse technical knowledge throughout the organization.
- Verify the update of the equipment and material master data within the material management system to ensure accuracy of equipment and material specifications in the plant with those in the warehouse.
- Lead and supervise the troubleshooting process on the electrical systems and components to ensure issues are resolved correctly and in a timely manner.
- Perform all job duties and functions in compliance with Maintenance Code of Conduct procedures, guidelines expectations to ensure the safety and reliability of the plants
- Take out Clearances under the necessary maintenance work performed.
- Support all necessary testing of systems (i.e.hot functional test, power ascension test and performance test, as well as design change testing procedures) to ensure compliance with regulatory and industrial requirements.
- Implement designed Operating Experience, training, observation learnings into procedures and programs as needed to improve their usefulness.
- Provide input into the development of the Department’s systems and processes, as well develop and implement the work instructions and procedures, identifying opportunities for the continuous improvement of practices to increase productivity and operational efficiency.
- Ensure that all relevant reports are prepared timely and accurately, to meet the team’s requirements and standards
Health and Safety and Security
- Follow all relevant company’s Health and Safety policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure compliance in all aspects of work as per sound management practices. Apply these policies and procedures to self and others to ensure reasonable care of the health and safety of the employee; the environment; and various individuals who may be affected by the employee’s acts or omissions at work.
- Follow all relevant Security policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure security compliance in all aspects of work, by applying them on self, others and Corporate assets.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements for adherence to policies, procedures and instructions related to Crisis Management and Business Continuity in order to continue mission critical activities.
- Contribute to the development of UAE National employees in a manner which supports the objectives of the corporation and its Emiratization strategy.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of UAE Nationals where applicable and maximize their effective performance.
- Manage the effective achievement of the Organization’s objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff, and providing formal and informal constructive feedback and appraisal – in order to maximize subordinate and department performance.
Excellence and Quality Management-
- Ensure commitment to a culture of continuous improvement by striving for excellence in accordance with standards and expectations contained in the CoM, following operations procedures, practicing innovation, problem solving, and teamwork; complying with Quality Management System policies and procedures; providing and receiving constructive feedback (coaching and mentoring), and striving to meet quality standards and stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure Commitment to the Nawah Fundamentals and AT SITE values.
- Diploma or Equivalent.
- 10 years of relevant experience, out of which:
- 8 years Power Plant Experience.
- 5 years Nuclear Power Plant Experience
- Have a Good Electrical understanding of Work Scope ,needs Extensive Electrical Experience
- And Good Supervisor Experience
- All in Maintenance (Not Commissioning)
- Can Read & Understand an Outage Plan
- Can Understand And Plan all aspects of work scope
Achieve schedule dates.
5. JOB CONTEXT:
He will be competent to understand the system requirement. Accordingly he should be able to perform the activities in a safe manner without affecting the operations.
6. COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
As instructed by management
7. COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS (Continued):
As instructed by Management
8. FRAMEWORKS, BOUNDARIES & DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY:
Limited decision Making authority.
Manpower deployment, Material requisition
9. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering discipline or equivalent
Minimum Experience: 08 years’ work experience in Nuclear Desirable / Power Plant industries and a minimum of 5 years, Experience in general maintenance of equipment, turnaround Not Commissioning.
- Able to understand a broad international standards understanding in order to be able to undertake different maintenance programs jobs ,Technical Knowledge and Experience Required.
- Broad experience in nuclear/ power plant activities
- Knowledge in Electrical operations
- Familiar with MS Project/Primavera
- Ability to take complex technical decisions and lead teams.
- Strong interpersonal & Communication skills
- Capable to work pressure like breakdown maintenance & shutdown.
- Coordination with inter departments and good relationship with all.
- Man management skill
- Thorough knowledge of Nuclear/ Power plant safety procedures & related practices
- Should undergo approved Permit holder test
- Age preferably, not more than 40 years
- Should undergo and certification for basic safety courses such as confined entry & high radiation exposure.
- Can Read & Understand an Outage Plan
- Can Understand And Plan all aspects of a work scope with in the Discipline
- A Good Understanding of Project Management Philosophies such as Critical Path Etc.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
- Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others
- Scheduling Work and Activities
- Time Management
- Planning and Organizing, Time Management, ability to prioritize
- Negotiation, problem solving & Decision making
- Team Player
- Man, Management Skill
- Good Communication skill