- The Drilling Engineer will perform both well planning and drilling operations engineering roles.
- He/she will be responsible for oversight of drilling activities for the company`s assets, preparation of drilling procedures, developing drilling programs, implementation of well plans, cost tracking, monitoring drilling activity through daily reports, and daily oversight of rig activities with the on-site drill team, well planning, AFE preparation and assisting operating management in troubleshooting drilling program. He or she will be responsible for the daily monitoring, trending and re-evaluation of drilling parameters.
- Prepare wells data sheet and carry out wells offset reviews.
- Carry out wells detailed design including casing design, mud engineering, hydraulics modelling.
- Write all wells Basis of Design documents ensuring compliance to all Company policies.
- Prepare wells detailed drilling procedures.
- Develop wells AFEs and Support the upkeep of the wellcost estimating and tracking system.
- Liaise with specialist contractors and suppliers, such as cement companies or suppliers of drilling fluids.
- Prepare an End of Well report for all assigned wells.
- Identify and evaluate appropriate offset wells.
- Monitor well costs daily. Prepare and update depth vs days and depth vs cost curves.
- Ensure final well costs in Company Wells Reporting database such as Open Wells.
- Attend rig calls. Provides technical support on daily drilling operations.
- Provide fulltime engineering support to assigned drilling rig(s). Monitor daily morning report and facilitate data error corrections and coding.
- Know and follow the Global Drilling Community Standards and SOP’s.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline. A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant work experience in Well Engineering with an Operator.
- Good knowledge in the use of industry recognised Well Engineering software such as Wellcalt, Stress check, Drilling Office, Well Plan, Compass.
- Team player with strong communication skills.
- Must be able work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Willing to travel to the rig location to observe operations on an asneeded basis.
- Understanding of drilling equipment, including top drives, iron roughnecks, pipe handlers, mud pumps, degassers, choke manifolds, BOPs, BOP control units. and other equipment as preferred.
- Organizational and time management skills.