Plan and manage the Data Intelligence program for the organization in coordination with Business stakeholders and under the leadership of Sr. Manager of Technology Solutions to support effective management decision making and for process optimization.
- Establish strong functional relationships and maintain regular communications with all Business, Operations and Support Units to ensure proactive capturing of business intelligence requirements.
- Conceptualize, and lead the design and management of a centralized Business Intelligence Centre of expertise for the organization, equipped with functional experts with the capability to provide SLA driven support for all the functions to facilitate business operations.
- Together with the business leaders, manage the seamless integration and automation of data management processes associated with strategy formulation, business planning, budgeting, business operations, corporate performance management and reporting to support effective change management and the achievement of business objectives in accord with the defined quality standards and profitability targets.
- Conduct the definition, creation, and establishment of a business intelligence awareness program within the organization in coordination with the relevant business stakeholders.
- Act as the key point of contact and provide an advisory role in relation data management, data modelling and manipulation, as well as analytics and business analysis standards within the organization.
- Liaise and manage the relationship with external partners, suppliers, technology vendors, and/or solution providers in relation to business intelligence technologies and solutions.
- Lead the definition, investigation, and/or evaluation of solutions and/or technologies in relation to the business intelligence program by coordinating and managing the relevant activities.
- Provide directions and define standards for documentation of BI-related topics to be integrated within the existing standards for documentation within the organization IT. Assist in the definition of service quality standards and procedures to be implemented in support to any BI-related solution being adopted.
- Assist in the definition of roles and responsibilities at all levels within the company in support to the BI program and the adoption of its capabilities within the entire organization.
- Be responsible for the definition of architectural standards in support to the overall BI architecture.
- Develop and continuously update BI architecture and standards aligned with the corporate IT policies, in liaison with the IT Architecture department.
- Maintain intelligence for key decision makers regarding industry trends technology trends, organization trends, marketing trends and business benchmarks.
- Manage KPI library and data warehouse ensuring optimum data integrity, contents, internal and external data inflow to support effective business operations.
- Review and recommend latest business intelligence tools and techniques to provide faster and more in-depth understanding of business drivers.
- Identify opportunities and requirements for implementation of relevant strategies, policies, procedures, and cost-effective solutions to meet business intelligence and data management requirements and improve availability, performance, reliability, and security of business solutions.
- Lead the development of related business intelligence dashboards, reporting and analysis as required.
- Lead the development and implementation of related data quality management practices.
- Develop end user readiness program related to business intelligence.
- Present information using data visualization techniques.
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms as required to meet business data requirements.
- Ensure alignment with information security, business continuity requirements and Company IT policies, processes, procedures, and IT project management methodology.
- Perform other similar or related duties as required or assigned by senior management.
Educational Requirements / Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or equivalent.
- 6-8 years relevant experience in BI Application/Data Mining Management, preferably in the oil and gas/energy sector, including at least 4 years in positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities.
Skills and Competencies:
- Business and industry knowledge.
- Ability to articulate business value of business intelligence and data.
- Analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Good knowledge on software development lifecycle.
- Ability to communicate and clarify technology solutions in business terms.
- Good negotiation and influencing skills.
- Skills on Company Database standards (Oracle, SQL, HANA).
- Skills on Business Objects and SAP.
- Skills on ETL tools.
- Skills on Analytic tools.
- Skills on Machine Learning.
- Skills on Microsoft Power BI.
- Time management.
- Project management skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring.
- People management skills.