Job Title: Coating Engineer
Type of Role: Direct Hire
Location: Houston, TX
WTS Energy is the leading solution supplier in the international Oil, Gas, and Renewable Energy industries. We supply professional personnel and outsource services for projects and operations in all regions across the world. We take pride in partnering with our clients and consultants in relationships that are based on trust, high ethical standards, and consistent service quality. This is what we believe in, because in the end it is all about people. Our team is currently looking to fill the role of Coating Engineer. This position will be responsible for integrating the Project Material Engineering team during execution. The Coatings Engineer will report to the Material Technologies Lead engineer and will be required to have Relevant experience in pipes anticorrosion (FBE, 3LPP) as well as wet thermal insulation (GSPP) coatings engineering and coating plants application / testing follow up is required.
- Design painting, coating, field joints coating, insulation systems and materials for offshore facilities (pipelines / risers, subsea structures) related to Oil and Gas industry.
- Provide specialized assistance and technical support for discipline of competence during engineering, fabrication, and construction phases.
- Prepare and ensure that all approved specifications and procedures are complied with, and that all lists of materials quantities are updated to meet project schedule requirements for materials approval, purchasing and installation.
- Provide up to date information and support technical, commercial, and field departments for developing sound engineering practices
- Promote involvement in Research and Development projects of relevance in the field of coating and insulation materials and systems
- Assist in Bidding phase with Commercial proposal development
- Examine project documentation to identify critical issues in the field of competence and to identify cost saving strategies and prepare technical queries and qualifications for materials and systems
- Prepare, issue and update engineering documents
- Review/Update QC procedures for painting, coating and insulation works to be carried out at site by Sub-Contractors
- Review Mechanical Data Sheets of Packages, Machinery and Equipment for verification of painting, coating, and/or insulation requirements
- Prepare the specifications and material requisitions for painting, coating, insulation materials enquiries to Bidders if necessary
- Support Vendor Management for selection of Vendors and for performance of technical audits
- Participate in project progress meetings, technical review meetings, HSE meetings, and interface meetings with the Client, Contractors, and Subcontractors
- Visit coating yards for Kick off meetings, Pre-inspection meetings and follow up of start-up and production of linepipe coating
- Degree in material engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering
- 5+ years of significant relevant experience
- NACE CIP level 2 preferred
- Must be willing to spend time (1-4 weeks) onshore in the coatings and fabrication yards and offshore on board installation vessels supporting offshore operations
WTS is an equal opportunity employer with a firm commitment to growing inclusively, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, medical condition, age, or veteran status