JOB PURPOSE – OVERALL SUMMARY
• Follow-up execution of Workover, Completion operations from the office. Ensure that all WTS & its Clients policies and procedures are fully adhered to during Completion, well testing and associated jobs.
• Apply and follow WTS & its Clients Company rules and related international practices and standards. By default, if the standard is not explained by Company Rules, the API Recommended Practices are applicable
• Ensure deviations from execution of the programs are only conducted with the appropriate level of technical authorisation.
• Provide comprehensive and accurate reports and supporting data for all ongoing operations as well as managing any activities and interfaces related to the execution of the operations in accordance with technical, operational and HSE standards
• Assist in sharing lessons learned within WTS & its Clients and Contractors for operations optimization purposes.
• Control equipment mobilization and acceptance testing in absence of Completion Supervisors. Control and follow up downhole equipment stock status related to his operations.
• Assist to SCE in control and sign-off process for the preparation of BHA in the contractor’s bases before mobilization to the well sites.
Position Reports to: Senior Completion Engineering Location Office Based – Port-Gentil
Directly Supervises What positions: Completion assistants, opertors , senior completion operator
Total Number in Team Supervised: Variable – dependant upon the operation
• Planning and organizing Under supervision of Senior Completion Engineer, follow-up of controls and processes to safeguard technical integrity of WTS & its Clients assets, in respect of well Completion jobs.
• Prepare Completion Programs, and ensure they are fully fit for purpose and understood by all personnel by the application of prephase meetings, workshops etc. Participate in CWOP (Complete Well On Paper) meetings with orientation to improve required skills to leadership of those.
• Prepare optimal logistics plans for execution of the programs as per the agreed planning schedule. • Ensure accurate storage of information and data relating to Well files and well data, in line with WTS & its Clients procedures
• Interface with drilling, geosciences, and well performance team leaders at every stage of the well completion. Integrate and liaise with other entities to ensure efficient and effective preparation of Completion programs.
• To Insure safety and environmental protection, Guarantees the accomplishment of the Completion operations at the rigs, in compliance with codes of practices, while optimizing and improving costs and lead times.
• To provide support for the planning, engineering and coordination of various stages of Completion including preparation and execution. Prepares post-job evaluation of Completion operations.
These will include, but not being limited to participation in and follow up of design of the completion programs with assistance of service contractors and in coordination with other WTS & its Clients entities.
Provides specific assistance to Rig Superintendents in logistics support and operational follow-up of the following completion-related activities: Wellbore Clean-Up, completion brine design and QAQC, TCP and / or E-Line Perforation, Lower Completion installation and Sand Control placement, Upper Completion installation and testing, X-Mas Tree installation and testing. When and if needed, occasional onsite assistance in supervision of rig-based or rigless operations may be included at convenience of WTS & its Clients Gabon Wells Division management.
• The safe execution of agreed Completion activities on time and within budget to deliver maximum value across assets.
Key Technical Attributes & Experience of staff performing the Service
Health, Safety and Environment
• Incumbent is expected to be familiar with industry’s HSE rules and regulations, and provide exemplary HSE Leadership in support of Well operations under area of responsibility. Participate in QHSE audits at well site and contractors’ onshore support bases.
• Assist in review of QAQC and HSE Plans. Participate in regular equipment inspections with contractors, and act on the results of those
• Ensure QA/QC commitments from service companies are applied. Control filling and review WTS & its Clients QAQC and KPI forms filled at the end of each job for each segment of contractors
• Ensure all Completion programs are prepared to cover safe and efficient operations, and that all major risks have been identified and mitigated. Responsible for revision of JSA sent from site.
• Ensure that HSE has the highest priority during job execution and that safety management tools are fully utilised to minimise the risks.
• Ensure all incidents, accidents and near misses are correctly reported and investigated appropriately where necessary.
Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
Apply Shell, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems.
Responsible and accountable for Health and Safety of crew and offshore operations of crew
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT INFORMATION ABOUT JOB
• Relocation may be required, a valid clean driving licence is a requirement. Attendance at and successfully completing specific training courses that are identified towards the competence requirement for the position. Bsc in an engineering discipline is preferred.
• Have a qualification in Petroleum Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics or a similar technical or scientific discipline.
• Fluent in English. French is an advantage. PC literate. • A IWCF Surface BOP Stack Certificate, Well Intervention Pressure Control, or IADC WellCAP (Supervisory Level) is required. Full Medical is a must. • Ability to work effectively with others. Strong interpersonal relations and communication skills. Forward looking problem solving
‘O’ level English & Arithmetic.
SVQ / NVQ D32/33 or A1 / A2 Assessor qualification or equivalent
Supervisory skills training course
Have a qualification in Petroleum Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics or a similar technical or scientific discipline.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar technical capacity is required, with demonstrated experience in engineering and delivery (operations), preferably with major Service Companies and/or IOC's.
• International experience is mandatory. Experience of West Africa operating environment (offshore, remote…) including in a direct operations supervisory position is also an absolute must.
• Exposure to the design and delivery of completions in different operating and depositional environments (with a priority on unconsolidated sandstone reservoirs)
• Experience of low cost environments and Brown Fields operations is a definite plus.
• Fluent in English. French is an advantage. PC literate.
• A IWCF Surface BOP Stack Certificate, Well Intervention Pressure Control, or IADC WellCAP (Supervisory Level) is required. Full Medical is a must.
• Ability to work effectively with others. Strong interpersonal relations and communication skills. Forward looking problem solving.
Good knowledge & understanding of well services sector of the oil industry. Previous experience of wireline operations in an operating role.
Good all-round knowledge of all of the major well service equipment manufacturers’ equipment.
Good understanding of the various aspects of HR policies & procedures.
The practical ability to maintain the tools & equipment as required to carry out a wireline operation offshore
Ability to supervise crews & assist with the control of logistical matters for & on behalf of both Intervention Services & clients as required
Strong communication skills – written, verbal and listening
Supervisor/leadership skills – Interpersonal Understanding
Ability to be pro-active
A broad based knowledge of the operating procedures of several operating companies in the position of Wireline Operator.
Ability to develop and energize people
Good communicator capable of working & supervising a team of personnel from various third-party operating companies.
Capable of working on own initiative & as part of a larger team structure. Willing to travel at short notice within the UK & overseas, often for an undetermined period of time, depending on client requirements.
Flexible to accommodate operational requirements and with a positive approach to work
Resilient and able to cope in a difficult and harsh working environment
Physically fit to work offshore in a manual capacity
Results orientated, with the ability to deliver business results through a team
Customer focused with strong communication skills
Ability to work unsupervised or as part of a team
Ability to impact and influence people through the most effective strategy
Ability to provoke change
Required for future development:
Active involvement in base support tasks and duties. First step involvement in management responsabilities. Provide support for onshore operations coordinator / supervisor. Demonstrate and dsplay operating performace improvement against agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and objectives. Demonstrate a positive and professional aptitude and ability to communicate effectively at all levels.