The primary function of this position is to supervise contractors involved in well services activities. These include; Slickline & electric wireline operations, pumping operations (cement, acid, scale treatments and water for pressure testing) by the stimulation vessel, wellhead investigations and repairs and coiled tubing operations.
The position requires a high level of understanding and experience in all types of Well Intervention techniques. The position will be responsible for the successful implementation of the intervention activities without compromising the company Safety Policies and with no detriment to the environment.
- The position requires an understanding of company’s existing wells and intervention techniques. The position will be responsible for supervising routine well intervention activities efficiently and without injury to those involved and no harm to the environment. The position will receive functional guidance from Senior Well Intervention & Integrity Engineers. As this is a field based position the incumbent must follow Health Safety and Environment (‘HSE') directives from the Offshore Installation Manager. He will ensure that all well intervention personnel and resources effectively execute the well intervention plan. He will assist onshore Senior Well Intervention & Integrity Engineers on managing tools, equipment inventories, equipment movement and certification.
- Liaise with the Offshore Well Intervention Coordinator / Production Supervisor to ensure that resources are available and certified for his allocated work front.
- Ensure the safety performance of his specific work front and support the Well Intervention Field Team to assist in assuring the safety performance of the entire offshore Well Intervention Operation. This includes the effective use of company recognized Safety Tools (Permit to Work (‘PTW'), STAR, Task Risk Assessment (‘TRA’), Active Line Monitoring (‘ALM'), incident reporting etc).
- Ensure that his work front follows the approved procedures and that when there is doubt as to whether the operation is moving away from the planned programme, that approval is sought from Supervisor / Satellite Superintendent to ensure the safe completion of the operation.
- Monitor contractor performance, recognising good performance and reporting to the Contract Owner any shortfalls or potential improvements with regard to the contractor’s performance.
- Minimize production downtime for his specific work front and share learnings to help the Well Intervention and Integrity Manager ensure all work fronts operate effectively.
Terms & Conditions
Type : Direct Hire
Rotation : 28/28 Days On/Off
Location : Offshore Well Intervention Supervisor
§ HND or Equivalent
§ Minimum 8-10 relevant supervisory experience in Oil & Gas Industry
§ Valid IWCF (Well intervention Level II) certificate