WTS Energy is seeing to hire Welding Manager for one of its client who is a reputed shipyard for ship repairs, conversions, and offshore work.
· The Manager – Welding is responsible for the management of all welding trade work including budget, schedule, productivity, quality, and safety activities.
· The Welding Manager ensures projects are appropriately staffed and supervised to meet timelines and customer requirements, and to ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Yard safety, quality, and environmental standards.
· The Welding Manager is also responsible to coordinate recruitment, assessments/testing and training with People Department in order to provide qualified Welders as required by the Projects and the other Discipline Managers.
· The Manager – Welding works in conjunction with the other Discipline Managers and Welding Engineers to develop and implement welding procedures and processes, as well as analyze and recommend tools, equipment, jigs, and fixtures for implementation.
· The position provides leadership and direction for continuous process improvement in the Welding Department, and fosters an attitude of co-operation with other departments.
· Degree in Welding or Metallurgical / Mechanical Engineering or any related discipline Broad technical acumen with strong analytical, decision making, and problem solving skills.
· Familiar with major International standards related to welding (AWS, ISO, ASME, API, CWA…).
· Broad knowledge on welding defects types and classification, acceptance criteria and root causes and preventive measures to avoid it. Detailed knowledge of welding procedures and fitting techniques.
· Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines.
· Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and successfully execute tasks in accordance with business objectives.
· Deep understanding of the welding technology needs of large segments of the business.
· Ability to encourage change management and support change management processes.
· Ability to read and interpret complex technical specifications and drawings.
· Welding related knowledge of Ship repair, Conversion and Offshore projects Certificate in Welding (IWE, IWT, IWS, CSWIP 3.1/3.2, IWI-C, AWS CWI).