WTS Energy is looking for a Welding Engineer (in Technology) to supervise project welding activities on site in compliance with stipulated deadlines, quality, productivity, costs and safety and executes the activities within his area of responsibility, ensuring the compliance with the QA/QC and HSE requirements.
• Liaise with the project Welding Coordinator in order to ensure availability of the required welding documentation.
• Liaise with the welding laboratory coordinator in order to receive main targets and activities schedule.
• Provide expertise during welding procedure development in order to achieve quality and productivity targets.
• Coordinate welding procedure qualification activities.
• Provide welding daily report to welding laboratory coordinator.
• Provide help desk activity when/if required by the production site assessments/audits.
• Acts as the reference point for the operational welding activities related to the assigned projects that includes engineering.
• Provides complete assistance to the assigned Welding Coordinator in definition of correct cycle times, estimation of consumables, welding equipment philosophy, etc.
• Maintenance of a close link with Welding Technology Engineers working offshore in order to share project’s specific information and experience.
• Provision, verification and review of detailed “welding operational report”, at the completion of the project, from the pipe lay vessel by recording the results in terms of productivity, quality, performance of equipment and any other information useful to improve the overall performance of the welding activities.
• Supervision of the assigned welding works in PTC.
• Liaison with the Welding Coordination of the Project Team in order to ensure availability of the required welding documentation.
• Knowledge of main electrical variables (voltage, current, power), their relationship with the processes, the main techniques and best practices to manage the electrical issues (power distribution in primis) in an industrial equipment. Troubleshooting of electrical aspects for the equipment, capability to perform repairs and propose alternative solutions.
• Capability to plan assigned project team activities defining technical roles and tasks in order to handle Project scope of work. Capability to estimate the needed number of resources and their skills in order to meet project milestones and targets. Plan engineering activities and documentation deliverables in order to meet Project schedule milestones considering design workflows and engineering interfaces with all other Project Disciplines and functions.
• Full understanding of the usage and ergonomy of the equipment to design in a fully safe way, foreseeing and preventing the most of events that can cause problems to operators. Knowledge of safety procedure and safety working instructions.
• Knowledge of main mechanical laws and techniques both in light equipments and medium weight ones. Knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics fundamentals used to move parts in machines.
• Capability to have a full picture of the ongoing operations identifying the corrective actions needed to solve a practical problem or help full to improve performances.
• Knowledge of methods for offshore pipeline installation.
• Knowledge of most common steels for pipeline construction.
• Capability to define the best and fastest sequence of operation finalized to time saving.
• Knowledge of welding equipment of common use in Saipem projects. Capability to perform trouble shooting and propose corrective action. Capability to identify the most suitable equipment and equipment consumable for any specific case.
• Knowledge of main welding processes (GMAW, SAW, FCAW, GTAW, Plasma, others) typically required by projects and related techniques.