WTS Energy is seeking to hire Terminal Manager for one of its client who is a reputed refinery company.
The Terminal Manager’s position is directly responsible to manage the terminal and develop, implement and realize the terminal’s business plan, budget, and strategy of the terminal operation.
This position is indirectly responsible for local safety management, guaranteeing process and service quality, recruiting and staffing, ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for employees, terminal routine maintenance, and the overall efficient and effective cost management of the operation while complying with all regulatory requirements.
1. Managing and ensuring the smooth running of the terminal with regards to productivity operations, shipping, transportation, profitability, EHS, quality, training, and routine maintenance
2. Involved in promoting and managing sales and marketing of tankage, blending and other value added activities.
3. Responsible for effectively staffing, leading, developing, managing and motivating direct reports.
4. Responsible for executing operations consistent with budgetary expectations
5. Accountable for asset management and reliability as well as inventory controls, quality assurance, and reconciliation.
6. Accountable for compliance with local and federal agencies with regard to Operating Permits, Operations, Safety programs, Operator training and Construction Permits.
7. Serve as needed in the Emergency Response System as Incident Commander in the event of emergency situation.
8. Administration of policies like Quality, Operational, Safety, and Security policies and procedures to ensure safe, reliable, and efficient service to internal and external employees, customers, and stakeholders
9. Responsible for effectively developing and allocating operating budget, routine maintenance and capital budgets for review and approval as well as track implementation and business unit performance
10. Serve as support to Company Leadership as needed to evaluate acquisitions
11. Reviews budgetary controls in coordination with the Finance Executive
12. Responsible for implementing all operational training in conjunction with the General Manager and EHSSQ Manager. This includes all aspects of Terminal operations, safety, fire-fighting and efficient methods to streamline the Terminal activities.
13. Responsible for planning and managing all preventive and breakdown maintenance activities at the terminal.
14. Liaise with Maintenance for all Terminal related major maintenance activities, preparing operational budgeting and spares including jetty inspections. Also, provides assistance for joint ventures if requested
15. Provides and manages a strong platform to support harmony between different cultures and races on both terminals
16. Represents General Manager in his absence in coordinating with customers, free zone and port authorities, all associated agencies, shipping companies, transport companies and personnel involved with Terminal operations.
• Educational Qualification: Minimum Engineering Degree / Higher Diploma holder preferable. Tertiary education. Mechanical / Chemical background.
• Experience: Minimum of 10 years of experience in Oil/ Chemical/ Refinery in a management / senior supervisory capacity.
• Behavioural and Functional Competencies: Excellent organizational, leadership, communication and analytical skills.