Technical Sales Engineer Job Description
WTS Energy is looking for a highly-skilled Technical Sales Engineer for one of our clients, a reputed Oil and Gas Services company.
As a Technical Sales Engineer, you will sell and promote Wilhelmsen Ships Service Products, Services, and Concepts in ports, terminals, offshore platforms, and drilling rigs. Support customers on WSS products utilisation and optimisation through ongoing campaigns and providing technical support, chemical tests and product demonstrations, as required.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
· Continuously promote WSS products and services to current and potential customers
· Initiate and maintain continuous contact with Ports, Terminals, Dry Docks Repair Yards and Ship’s Agents to identify
· Maintain a database of Charterers, vessel arrival times, names of the Captain, Superintendents and other senior members of the crew, to communicate with them before or on arrival to ensure sales of WSS products and services
· Visit vessels upon request for specific services, assist vessel’s crew for port deliveries where applicable and based on the customer segmentation.
· Complete and issue relevant documentation after every visit/service on board
· Provide technical training product selection, inventory optimisation, utilisation, and testing through product demonstrations and education.
· Participate in risk assessment analysis in the workplace and locations. Inspect equipment and the workplace regularly and actively eliminating hazards
· Ensure safe work practices and procedures and use personal protective equipment (PPE) when required
· Report accidents, incidents, injuries, near misses, safety risks and issues of non-compliance with health and safety procedures according to QHSE standard
· Support business development and corporate communication on PR initiatives, conferences and exhibitions
· Support delivery operations in Lagos area ports and terminals.
· Perform any other responsibilities as directed by Management
Key Performance Indicators/ Performance Goals:
· No of new customers acquired
· Quality of relationships built with customer technical teams
· Number of Vessel Visits
· Number of leads generated
· Percentage of qualified leads (qualified leads / total number of leads)
· Comprehensiveness and Quality of documentation developed on customer concerns and complaints
· No of safety hazards reported
· Client satisfaction levels
- Possess a relevant engineering degree from an accredited higher institution
- At least 5 years-experience in a marine environment with active engine room knowledge. Sales experience will be added advantage but not mandatory
Key competencies Requirements:
· Good knowledge and understanding of marine engine rooms
· Good physical condition as role requires climbing
· Customer service and relationship management
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite
· Relationship management
· Deep understanding of Partner’s products and their composition
· Good understanding of Safety, Health & Environment policies
· Work independently, in pressure situations, and make decisions regarding complex issues with appropriate consultation of relevant management staff.
· Helpful and personable attitude with evident desire to ensure completion of all company related tasks
· Ability to multitask and manage conflicting deadlines and tight schedules
· Must exhibit highest level of personal and professional integrity
· Excellent Team player that goes beyond job requirement
· Confident negotiator and ability to 'close the deal'