Direct, manage, and review the activities of corrosion & metallurgy section's team activities. Prepare and coordinate the management and implementation of the Corrosion Control Strategy covering the corrosion monitoring activities including periodic reporting to provide integrity status of systems and significant trends or limitations for LNG & ASR plants.
Key Accountabilities: Job Specific Accountabilities
Plan and supervise the activities of the assigned personnel in the Corrosion and Metallurgy section. Perform supervisory functions at the level established by the Management.
Direct and supervise the work of a team consisting of Senior Corrosion & Metallurgy Engineers and Corrosion and Metallurgy Engineers involved in all aspects of Corrosion Control and Monitoring of Plant and Equipment on LNG and ASR plants, ensuring quality and application of best practices. Thin includes:
Gathering corrosion data for plants on sour service
Liaising with Plant Inspection Engineers and Painting Inspectors on failure and damage of equipment and piping and on atmospheric corrosion in relation to assessing new technologies with respect to coatings, insulation and linings
Supervise inspection and maintenance of corrosion monitoring equipment sited throughout LNG & ASR plant, in conjunction with the Maintenance Division
Analysis of corrosion data — including chemical analysis reports from Company Laboratory Gathering of cathodic protection data for all LNG & ASR trains, tank farm and off-plot areas Analysis of CP data to ensure optimum protection (i.e. acceptable level of corrosion consistent with equipment design life expectancy) is achieved on all assets which will include: product loading jetty, sulphur loading jetty, tank farm, flare jetty, plant flare jetty, sea wall sheet piling, tank farm foundation piling, sea water intake in Trains I and Il, underground cooling water piping network and concrete foundations at Trains l, Il and Ill and fire water lines within LNG & ASR plants
Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgy/Materials Engineering/Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
12 years of experience in corrosion & metallurgical analysis, in the Oil & Gas Industry with at least 5 years in a similar Supervisory/Senior position.
Knowledge & Skills
· Thorough knowledge in carrying out metallurgical investigations in CP equipment failure, potential survey of CP system and field application of corrosion control for plant and equipment
· Working knowledge of paint application and control and knowledge of metallographic procedures Knowledge of best practices in integrity assessment
· Knowledge of Risk-based inspection, Root cause analysis and Fitness-for-Service
· Knowledge of SAP Systems
· Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
· Good knowledge of spoken and written English.
· Good interpersonal and people management skills.
· Good communication and Presentation Skills
· Technical Report Writing