- Primary responsibility will be administering the Microsoft Exchange servers including, but not limited to, user creation, updates, upgrades, security patches, connectivity, etc.
- Additional responsibilities will include administering other communication and collaboration platforms like Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Webex, etc.
- Will be responsible for administering Active Directory including, but not limited to, deploying/decommissioning domain controllers (DC), ensuring connectivity between all DCs in the parent and child domains, group policies, updating and patching servers, etc.
- Will work closely with the Senior Systems Engineers and provide Administrative support on servers such as DNS, DHCP, SharePoint, File servers, Azure, Office365, Video Conferencing solutions, Backups, etc.
- Will closely coordinate with the PBX system vendor to ensure that telephony services are always online. This includes SIP trunks between various locations.
- Will provide IT user support to the user community as and when required.
- Support Calls will be handled by phone, in person or remotely. All Support calls will have to be logged into the IT ticketing system and closed promptly as per predefined SLAs.
- Will provide Level 2/3 IT support to all users.
- Will be an escalation point for the User support engineers for various issues.
- Will handle the installation and configuration of servers and server applications in conjunction with the Senior Systems Engineers when required.
- Will work closely with vendors to identify and implement/procure relevant technologies required to support enhancing IT services
- Administration of Exchange, Active Directory and other servers either on-premise or in the cloud.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware, software and connectivity issues on servers, applications and services provided by the IT team.
- Ensure connectivity to Emails, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, etc., from user devices (laptops/smartphones/workstations) is always available.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance from users within the organization in person, via phone or remotely.
- Perform routine hardware and software installations on servers and other key equipment such as Application Delivery Controllers, Network USB devices.
- Identify and escalate situations as required.
- Troubleshoot Email & other communication or connectivity-related issues on client devices.
- Provide Level 2/3 IT support for all users.
- Provide prompt and quick service to users.
- Provide support and assistance to Senior System Engineers and IT Managers when required in setting up or troubleshooting servers and/or server applications.
Continuous Improvement of Position
Ensure that for every issue that is escalated, he/she follows up with the concerned Senior Systems Engineer so that they are informed on how the issue was resolved.
Conduct regular research on contemporary IT practices particularly those related to user devices such as laptops, desktops, smartphones, printers, scanners, etc. Recommend subsequent actions.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent discipline.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange & Active Directory. Certification on the platforms will be an added advantage
- Additional Microsoft certifications such as Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Office365, etc. will be an advantage.
- 5 to 6 years experience in IT Systems support and administration
- UAE Driving license is a must.
- Own car will be an advantage