- Primary responsibility will be managing and administering all the AV & home automation equipment and software used at company locations including, but not limited to, group companies and residence locations. This includes Speakers, microphones, TVs, Digital Signage, Digital Signal Processors, Cameras, Projectors, Amplifiers, lighting controllers, curtain controllers, home automation control systems, etc.
- Set up of additional support AV tools like equipment racks including complete electrical wiring, programming, and basic construction.
- Set up and alter room arrangements including tables, seats, and stages according to blueprints, layout diagrams, room acoustics, microphone/speaker coverage.
- Additional responsibilities will include supporting Conference calls (audio or video) that may be conducted on communication and collaboration platforms like LifeSize, Polycom, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Webex, etc.
- Will be responsible for managing the AV and home automation inventory.
- Will work closely with the Systems Engineers and Support Engineers to provide support to conference rooms and AV/home automation-related requirements.
- Will provide AV user support to the user community as and when required.
- Support Calls will be handled by phone, in person or remotely. All Support calls will have to be logged into the IT ticketing system and closed in a timely manner as per predefined SLAs.
- Will be an escalation point for the all AV/home automation-related issues.
- Will handle the installation and configuration of AV and home automation equipment.
- Will work closely with vendors to identify and implement/procure relevant technologies required to support or enhance AV/home automation services.
- Will be responsible for identifying the requirements, comparing proposals, selecting vendors, managing implementation and overseeing testing for all home automation projects.
- Administration of AV and home automation equipment and software.
- Run periodic video, audio and signal testing. Diagnose and resolve technical hardware, software and connectivity issues related to AV/home automation systems and services provided by the IT team.
- Design and review AV architecture for various projects and recommend enhancement/improvements.
- Ensure all AV and home automation systems are always available and in working condition.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance from users within the organization in person, via phone or remotely.
- Perform routine hardware and software maintenance on AV and home automation equipment including any upgrades and patches that may be required.
- Identify and escalate situations as required.
- Troubleshoot communication or connectivity-related issues on AV and/or home automation systems.
- Provide AV support for all users.
- Provide prompt and quick service to users.
- Provide Support and assistance to System Engineers, Support Engineers and IT Managers when required in setting up or troubleshooting AV/home automation systems.
- Good Knowledge and experience with Electrical wiring is required
- Basic Knowledge of networking and wireless technology is required
- Basic IT knowledge is required
- Video editing skills will be an advantage.
- Experience with video recording, lighting and sound editing will be an advantage.
Continuous Improvement of Position
Ensure that for every issue that is escalated, he/she follows up with the concerned user and/or department so that they are informed on how the issue was resolved.
Conduct regular research on contemporary AV/home automation practices and recommend improvements/enhancements.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical & Electronics or a degree in audio/visual technology or a related field, such as digital media.
- Experience & certification on Crestron products and programming.
- Licensing certificates like the Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) will be an advantage.
- Experience/certification with any other AV platform such as Dynalite, Neutron, RTI, Biamp, Bitwise, Wlan, Savant, etc., will be an advantage.
- 5 to 6 years experience with AV and home automation systems
Special Requirements and Conditions
- UAE driving license is a must.
- Own car will be an advantage