Subsurface Manager Job Description
- To lead the subsurface technical function to help meet the performance objectives and harness business improvement opportunities
- Ensure that the subsurface team has the necessary resources with appropriate skills and competencies
- To ensure that the subsurface team is effectively managed to optimize the delivery
- To establish, maintain and develop appropriate technical Standards and to ensure these are implemented.
- To ensure the timely and accurate assessment and reporting of Company`s net reserve/resource entitlements.
- To ensure effective communication between all relevant parties, including knowledge capture and transfer, identification of appropriate emerging technologies etc.
- To liaise and work closely with the other disciplines (Drilling, Engineering, Planning, Production, New Business Development especially Gas & Power, etc.) to ensure an integrated cost-effective delivery mechanism.
- To establish, maintain and develop processes in support of the functional capability, e.g. Technical Networks etc.
- To manage a fit-for-purpose Capital Value Process to ensure a rigorous and consistent approach to evaluating and progressing opportunities from discovery to production, including the coordination of annual Capital/Expense budgets, FDPs, Production forecasts, etc.
- Coordinate activities necessary to meet corporate governance requirements – functional reviews, stage gate approvals, risk management etc.
- Actively engage in reservoir and well monitoring and surveillance.
- Formulate subsurface workflow for well performance improvement and intervention.
- Prepare semi-annual and year-end reserves, complete internal technical and economic reviews within assets, and secure Corporate Reserves Group approval.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or earth sciences
- Masters in relevant discipline an advantage
- A minimum of 20 years of E&P experience, including working on both production and development projects, and preferably with exposure to unconventional resources.
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams involved in Integrated Petroleum Engineering Studies and field development, including operational aspects & Exploration projects.
- Skilled in most relevant subsurface techniques, software tools and data analysis methods (both analytical and numerical), and their application to problem-solving.
- Excellent working knowledge of dry and wet gas field development and fluid dynamics.