Our Client, one of the world’s largest independent commodities trading houses by turnover is looking for a Senior Mechanical / Tanks Engineer. In view of growing demand of bio-fuels they have started the activities for the design and construction of a Hydro-treated Vegetable Oil (HVO) plant, that will produce green diesel.
The Senior Mechanical / Tanks Engineer will report to the Engineering Manager and Project Manager. The project is estimated to complete until the end of 2002. You will be based at the Europoort, Rotterdam and you would also be working as residence engineering at the Engineering office of the EPC contractor in Madrid for some time.
As a member of the Project team you contribute to the maturing of the Project and provide discipline expertise. You will be responsible for a wide range of Mechanical/Piping/Storage tank activities such as:
• Review and approve project specifications for Equipment, Bulk materials and Storage tanks
• Refurbish existing storage tanks
• Supervision of the activities of the FEED contractor
• Supervisions of the activities of the EPC contractor
Key activities and accountabilities will include:
– Establish a safety-first culture to the project.
– Provide Engineering and Construction expertise to support the
– Project (Brownfield and Greenfield)
– Ensuring delivery to agreed quality standards, schedule and cost.
– Provide support to the EPC-contractor.
– Build an excellent relationship and interface with OWNERs project
team and design/construction contractor.
– Manage support with respect to HSE, Design Reviews, Quality
Assurance and Control.
– Implement the relevant engineering standards, capture lessons
learned through pre- and post-project reviews, and implement quality
and provide specialized technical support to the Project and also to operations and
· 15+ years engineering and Brownfield/Greenfield work experience.
· Minimum Bachelor degree in engineering or related field
· Applied Knowledge of American and European Norms
· Thorough knowledge of projects and his discipline within engineering
· Support engineers of Engineering Contractors.
· Good communication skills and aptitude for taking initiatives are essential,
· Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
· Working experience on the entire project life cycle (from conceptual design through to final commissioning and handover).
· An HSE driven mindset
· Good people management
· Good communication and presentation skills
· Good knowledge of policies, procedures and best practices in the areas his/her discipline
· Good planning skills
· Good negotiation skills