WTS Energy is hiring a Sr. Contract Specialist for their client, a Gas Company in Abu Dhabi.
· Prepare contractual and commercial aspects of any tenders, in consultation with the user departments. Prepare and compile tender/contract documentation, with Legal and Finance groups to ensure viability, legality, interpretation and ease of administration.
· Develop the bidders list(s), including any pre-qualification exercises and evaluations required.
· Perform tender administration activities, including preparing tender clarifications, tender bulletins, and conducting pre-tender meetings.
· Coordinate the technical and unpriced commercial evaluation of tenders and conduct the subsequent priced commercial evaluation of technically acceptable tenders. Prepare the techno-commercial evaluation report and recommendations.
· Prepare contracts for all goods and services requirements as requested by the user departments, ensuring review and approval by the relevant parties.
· Provide post-award administration support to the user department, as necessary.
· Review, advise and negotiate revised terms, variation order requests, change orders, claims, etc.
· Prepare all Project Steering Committee and Tender Committee, and Company Project Tender Committee (CPTC) (Qatar only) submissions to ensure fulfilment of the terms of reference.
· Perform other similar or related duties as required or assigned by the Manager P&C UAE.
Minimum Educational :
· Bachelor’s Degree in relevant Engineering field, Business Administration, or equivalent.
· 15 years of relevant experience in contract administration in the oil and gas industry, preferably in the Middle East.
Skills and Competencies:
· Extensive knowledge of applicable commercial/legal practices.
· Experience in SAP.
· Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
· Negotiation skills.
· Analytical skills.
· Teamwork skills.
· Planning and organizing skills.
· Good knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
· PC skills.