WTS Energy is seeking to hire Senior Structural Engineer for one of it's client.
Senior structural Engineer will be responsible with engineering production processes / procedures and strive for continuous productivity and quality improvements/enhancements in such way that received objectives will be completed with no errors and within the allocated budget.
· Review and establishment of requirements of materials on specific projects.
· Prepare material requirements based on accurate evaluations of customer specifications, terms and conditions, detailed or outline specifications, drawings, sketches, or following verbal instructions.
· Responsible for coordinating with production and projects department to help for the best Technical Bid Tabulation related material delivery condition.
· Technical review of all materials certificates and properties required for shipbuilding and offshore projects received from vendors.
· Prepare project deliverables list for structural projects, provide structural schedule analyses for detail drawings and production deliverables in line with master project schedule/milestones, indication of required man-power and keep track records on progress of deliverables.
· Supervise the work of Engineers, CAD designers and Subcontractors to ensure quality standards and design criteria are met.
· Conduct building strategy meetings to assure that safety and production efficiency are well defined and all established out comings to be shown on engineering deliverables as detail assembly process drawings.
· Undertake structural design based on agreed project schedule or approved work request.
· Review and approve structural design proposals.
· Conduct design review meetings to assure that technical objectives are being achieved.
· Ensuring engineering work undertaken is accordance with Departmental Work Instructions, Procedures and Standards.
· Ensure that the Safety, Quality & Environment requirements of the yard are strictly followed.
· Attend, when requested, vessel inspections to define the scope of work required for vessel modifications, repairs and conversions.
· Identification of changes of project specifications or deliverables, variations to contractual scope, schedule impact due to client’s engineering delays and raising change orders within time limit required by the project or department.
· Executing duties of project engineer according to qualification if required.
Bachelor/Engineering degree in Naval Architecture / Structural Engineering / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
10+ years’ experience as Structural Engineer in shipyard, offshore (Oil & Gas industry) in design and production engineering office.
Experience in various hull structural design standards like DIN/JIS/Norsok as well as a good understanding of ABS, DNV, API, AISC and other related industry regulations and standards.
Exposed to usage of different design and detailing software like Aveva Bocad, Aveva PDMS, Cadmatic, TEKLA, Ship Constructor 2018, Navisworks Manage, AUTO CAD and Autodesk Recap for point clouds registration data.
Knowing FEA software like Staad Pro, Strand7, and DNV-GL Sesam Genie will be an advantage.