WTS Energy is seeking to hire Senior Structural Engineer (offshore projects) for one of its client who is a reputed Shipbuilding and offshore/Marine engineering company.
Senior structural Engineer will be responsible for production engineering deliverables on large scale offshore and marine construction projects.
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
• Prepare detailed structural engineering drawings for offshore and marine structures.
· Evaluate technical drawings & documents to assess the material requirements.
• Prepare material requirements based on accurate evaluations of customer specifications, terms and conditions, detailed or outline specifications, drawings, sketches, or following verbal instructions.
• Prepare Technical Bid Evaluation (TBE) for material.
• Thorough knowledge in the selection of materials (material codes) based on its standard grades and specifications and as required by the major classification society or standards, such as DNV-GL, ABS, LR, NORSOK, BS, EN, ISO, API.
• Technical review of all materials certificates and properties required for shipbuilding and offshore projects received from vendors.
• Prepare project deliverables list for structural projects, provide structural schedule analyses for detail drawings and production deliverables in line with master project schedule/milestones, indication of required man-power and keep track records on progress of deliverables.
• Supervise the work of Engineers, CAD designers and Subcontractors to ensure quality standards and design criteria are met.
• Conduct building strategy meetings to assure that safety and production efficiency are well defined
• Undertake structural design based on agreed project schedule or approved work request.
• Prepare or Review and approve bidding structural design proposals.
• Conduct design review meetings to assure that technical objectives are achieved.
· Focus on Continues improvement of quality of deliverables.
• Experience in various hull structural design standards like DIN/JIS/NORSOK as well as a good understanding of ABS, DNV, API, AISC and other related industry regulations and standards.
• Ensure engineering work undertaken is in accordance with Departmental Work Instructions, Procedures and Standards.
• Ensure that the Safety, Quality & Environment requirements of the yard are strictly followed.
• Attend, when requested, vessel inspections to define the scope of work required for vessel modifications, repairs and conversions.
• Identification of changes of project specifications or deliverables, variations to contractual scope.
• Executing duties of project engineer according to qualification if required.
• Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus statistic and their applications.
• Extensively exposed to usage of different structural design and detailing software like Aveva Bocad, Aveva Marine and basic knowledge on Aveva PDMS,
• Knowledge related feeding of HGG robots and preparation of structural cutting plan using software’s like HGG Procam.
• Experience with FEA software like Staad Pro, Strand7, and DNV-GL Sesam Genie will be an advantage.
• Engineering degree in Structural / Naval Architecture/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• 10-15 year’s relevant experience in shipyard, offshore / oil & gas industry in design and production engineering office.
• Relevant experience in engineering company
• Project Management skills.
• Able to manage teams of 50+ designers and engineers