Senior Seismic Interpreter Exploration Job Description
For a Mexican onshore Oil & Gas operator with mainly Gas producing assets in several states of Mexico
and Headquarters in Mexico City, we are looking for a Senior Seismic Interpreter Exploration.
Experienced Sr Seismic Interpreter with a strong technical background in integrative seismic interpretation, prospect identification and maturation within both Exploration and Development phases, and expertise in sequence stratigraphy, carbonate and clastic sequences.
Demonstrated capacity for 3D seismic interpretation; mapping in structural, stratigraphic and combined trap configurations; seismic facies characterization, play element mapping, volumetric assessment; support for seismic reprocessing and integration of advanced geophysical techniques.
Highly technical background with extensive seismic interpretation and geophysics workstation experience
Incumbent will report to the Director of Geosciences under the expectation of collaborative engagement with all departments, third party service providers, and outside agencies.
- Ensure health, safety and environment are priorities in all activities.
- Delivery of mature exploration prospects and drillable well locations
- Delivery of mature, economically viable exploration opportunities that enhance portfolio of exploratory assets.
- Collaborate in efforts to reprocess legacy onshore 3D seismic data for better imaging and reservoir characterization, including providing guiding surfaces and active QC of intermediary and final products.
- Forward modeling for AVO studies (well analysis)
Required Skills / Experience:
Integrative Geoscientist with 10+ years upstream interpretation experience, Exploration and Development.
Previous experience working in Oil companies with following competencies:
• 2D / 3D Seismic Interpretation
• Prospect maturation in structural and combined stratigraphic plays
• Sequence Stratigraphy of Carbonates and Clastics
• Prospect maturation through execution of drill well
• Forward modeling for AVO studies (well analysis)
• Integration of AVO seismic volume products
• Integration acoustic-elastic-LRo-MRo-AB-etc. volumes in the identification of reservoir distribution and fluid presence
• Volumetric and Risk assessment