Senior Project Engineer (ship conversions) Job Description
WTS Energy is seeking to hire Senior Project Engineer (offshore Oil & gas and Ship conversions) for one of its client who is a reputed marine and offshore engineering company.
Senior Project Engineer will be responsible for the overall activities of planning, control and monitoring of design and execution of Topside and Marine, FSPO, FSRU, MODU, MOPU engineering and construction. The experience should cover basic design, detail design, construction engineering, integration engineering and procurement.
· Leading a multi discipline engineering team for offshore EPC projects scope at yard.
· Sound knowledge of piping and equipment: basis of design, equipment sizing and selection for pumps, heat exchangers, compressors, engines, evaporators, valves, pressure/flow control devices.
· Specify equipment data sheets and specifications, vendor data review, equipment manufacturing, factory acceptance tests, package engineering.
· Mechanical design and calculations of machinery spaces, equipment supports, material handling devices, installation and maintenance methodologies.
· Knowledge of EIT integration engineering.
· Knowledge of structural engineering
· Experience with oil and gas and LNG systems.
· Technical review of quotations and liaison with chosen vendors.
· Act as project engineering manager on conversion projects.
· Manage and supervise engineering subcontractors.
· Prepare engineering deliverables / man-hour estimate /schedule for projects.
· Control and monitor man-hour consumption versus project achieved progress.
· Participate in design reviews and take necessary follow up actions.
· Implement day-to-day operations assigned for the engineering department/section to ensure compliance with the established standards and procedures.
· Minutes of Meeting & Management reporting
· Supervise the activities and work of subordinates by providing formal and informal feedback to ensure that all work within a specific area is carried out in an efficient manner and in accordance with set individual targets.
· Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
· Prepare reports of assigned project on time and accurately to meet company and department requirements, policies and standards
· Bachelor’s Degree in one of the Engineering Disciplines
· Project Management.
· Proficient with software such as Microsoft Word/Excel/Project, AutoCAD.
· Minimum 10 years relevant experience in an engineering companies and EPC contractors.
· Fully trained and knowledgeable with relevant Safety and Occupational Health & Safety standards.
· Broad Engineering knowledge in Marine / offshore construction, conversions, repairs.
· In-depth knowledge of conversion engineering scope
· In depth knowledge of materials / piping system design and construction
· Knowledge of oil and gas process / LNG/cryogenic fluids/natural gas containment, handling, liquefaction and regasification systems in line with latest technologies available in the industry.
· Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines.
· Well versed with the rules and regulations of leading Classification Societies, IACS and SOLAS
· Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and successfully execute tasks in accordance with business objectives.
· Project management and planning skills.