PEG Engineering is seeking to hire Senior Planning Engineer for one of its client who is a reputed EPC company.
To prepare in conjunction with members of the project team the Project Schedule, Resources Schedules and (Manpower/Materials/ Equipment). Maintain full project tracking and produce the necessary daily, weekly, monthly, and other related periodic reports. Able to produce updates of the Project Schedule. To identify and report to Management any slippage and propose remedial measures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare, develop Project Schedule.
• Prepare project schedule updates and produce daily weekly and monthly reports.
• Coordinate work activities with field engineers and/or supervisors.
• Attend/participate in periodic and progress review meetings.
• Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
• Capable of independently preparing project construction plans and schedules with resources schedules (Manpower/Materials/Equipment).
• Coordinate between Engineering, Procurement, Suppliers and Construction teams during design and construction phases.
• Progress reporting (External to Clients & Internally to Management) including updating, monitoring and project controls. Responsible for development of Work breakdown Structure, Earned value and performance measurement for each project.
• Capable of preparing Project planning deliverables, Master schedules and Issuance of company procured and Client supply materials.
• Able to generate S-Curves, Manpower histogram & Monitor productivity by periodically visiting the project sites, highlighting revisions, action plans, catch up plans, critical path analysis, resource planning and levelling.
• Responsible for setting up and implementation of Time Charging System / System for Manpower Utilization Analysis and Manpower forecast.
• Ideally to have been employed on multi discipline projects (Civil/Mechanical/E&I)
• Experienced as a minimum in shutdown & turnarounds of electro-mechanical, piping, construction works related to plant expansion.
• Previous experience as a Project Engineer/Superintendent before becoming a Planning Engineer is preferred.
Preferred Education and Relevant Experience/Training:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (any discipline but preferably Mechanical).
• Minimum 8 - 10 years in Planning using Primavera with some overseas experience (preferably in the Gulf) in Refinery, Petrochemical, Oil & Gas process plants construction (EPC).
• 5 years working experience in the Industry
• 5 years of experience in the Position
1. Knowledge and understanding of project planning, progress measurement and reporting principles.
2. Proficiency and experience with Primavera P6.
3. Ability to build a Project Plan with logical sequences of activities for each project stage and generate S‐curves and manpower histograms.
4. Fluent in English.
Must be able to work under pressure.
• Occasional International travel to remote and challenging environments.
• Occasional long workdays and/or long work weeks due to differences in time zones, work schedules across operations area and international travel.