· Provide high quality petrophysical support to the exploration, appraisal, development, and reservoir management of the Company’s assets as assigned by the Chief Petrophysicist from time to time.
· Continuous evaluation of a producing asset to determine changes in: saturation levels, water front / fluid movement, changes in hydrocarbon water contacts; and detecting Injecting / Producing Zones, Acidizing Zones, etc.
· Developing cost effective logging programmes: LWD/MWD, wireline, Carbon-Logging; Core programmes; etc.
· Review drilling programs, well proposals and workover proposals to ensure proper logging requirements.
· Maintains Petrophysical Data Base and advises on testing requirements in exploration / appraisal / development wells. Carries out Petrophysical field studies in order to help formulate reservoir models required for establishing Full Field Development Plans (FFDPs), and assists in monitoring fluid movements and production performance throughout the life of the field.
· University Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences with minimum of 7 - 11 years’ experience, depending on academic qualification. (Postgraduate degree will be an added advantage).
· Logging Program, Procedures and Operations
· Mud Logging and Hydrocarbon Identification
· Open Hole Log Interpretation
· Cased Hole Logging Interpretation
· Experience working with Operator
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Proven ability to function effectively in multidisciplinary teams, within matrix organization.
· Excellent written and spoken English communication skills is required
· Experience at coaching and mentoring junior staff