For our client, a major company responsible for all phases of the oil and gas industry, we are looking for Senior Operations Supervisor.
1. Plans, supervises and directs the activities of subordinates to ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with safe working practices and procedures, maintains Procedures and Records of all activities conforming to HSE and Policies.
2. Prepares maintenance Schedules for SBMs and utility equipment such as Swing ropes, Safety equipment, moorings, Positioning of moorings offshore, maintenance of Navigation aids etc. in SAP, maintains detailed records of repairs and maintenance carried out, showing such information as man-hours, materials, parts replaced and the likes so that historical record are established and recurring faults can be identified.
3. Review SAP notification, create work order for execution and update progress regularly. Prepare 3 weeks look ahead work plans, allocate man power & other related resources like duration, material requirements and any other support if needed etc. and produce shop floor paper for job execution by operations supervisors.
4. Inspects or receives inspection reports from Operation Supervisor (SBM) about the present status and condition of SBMs and according to the findings decides about further action in order to minimize any down time or operational disruptions.
5. Finalizes dry-docking list for all three SBMs with detailed Scope of work and estimated cost including all type of resources such as man, material and location. Responsible for dry-dock maintenance work undertaken at yards, inside and outside Qatar, monitoring the work being performed to ensure that required standards are met, liaises with dry-docking management etc. Prepares Completion Job Reports and submits them to the Management for review.
6. Assists in the preparation of tender documents and of annual budget considering all the aspects work site requirements by estimating the quantities and specifications of the resource to execute the work. Assist in evaluation of the technical bids submitted by the bidders
7. Maintaining an awareness of technological developments / innovations and adopting new methods, recommending purchase of new or replacement equipment/ machinery etc. for the uninterrupted operation of SBMs.
8. Programs and oversees the daily operations of the Utility Maintenance Vessel that carries out repairs, maintenance and installation and general activities in company and JV fields. Includes but not restricted to the maintenance of buoys and swing ropes, change out of life rafts and other marine services.
9. Coordinates with other departments to ensure that Tanker operations are not interrupted by any planned maintenance on SBMs ensuring that no pollution takes place due to equipment failure.
10.Provides technical expertise to offshore projects ,prepare, update and maintain QA and operational procedures and instructions, producing related statistics, KPIs and monthly, quarterly and annual reports
B.Sc in Engineering/ Ship repair, H.N.D in Mechanical / Marine engineering, or 1st Class Motor D.O.T. Certificate of Competency or its equivalent as recognized by the I.M.O.
A minimum of Marine Technical College Education to coincide with a recognized apprenticeship with 12 years related experience including experience of classification requirements / procedures and dry-docking works. Four of these years should have been spent as Senior Engineer Officer on ocean going vessels, 2 years as a Second Engineer Officer and two years as Chief Engineer.
Hands on experience covering all aspects of SBM operations and related maintenance.