• Supports plant operations by managing and maintaining plant metering systems.
• Supports Projects in specification of metering systems for new facilities
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work within client specific “Safe systems of Work”, e.g. Control of Work, Permit, Risk Assessment,
• Demonstrate an understanding of client Preventative & Corrective Maintenance Scheduling,
Planning and Compliance.
• Carry out pre-site and on-site preparation of routine tasks. Define work scope and methodology;
prepare equipment; consumables; materials and documentation. Obtain relevant permissions and
deal with operational issues accordingly.
• Maintain Primary, Secondary & Quality Devices against procedures, standards and uncertainties and
in accordance with company schedules and plans. Provide feedback on improvement opportunities.
• Verify measurement data and flow calculations between field instrumentation and flow calculation
• Carry out re-instatement of equipment and post job operations, including performing calculations,
highlighting potential mismeasurements, data validation, documentation upkeep and reporting.
• Perform Daily Metering and analytical checks, identify and report anomalies through the appropriate
systems in a timely manner.
• Have the ability to start up measurement systems.
• Have the ability to identify and bring to a fully operational state a measurement system for ongoing
• Have the ability to shutdown measurement equipment to a safe controlled condition in accordance
with operational procedures and manufacturer’s instructions.
• Carry out commissioning and Site Acceptance Testing of new metering systems or upgrades, to
including identification and closure of punch list items & document management.
• Maintain field and test equipment to/from the work site and calibration laboratories. Including
assurance that equipment is in-date, fit for purpose and available for use.
• Lead measurement audits and help to identify key areas for improvement and compliance, including
elimination of audit points.
• Management of 3rd party personnel and vendors at site, ensuring that work is carried out safely as
per the agreed scope.
• Demonstrate an understanding of company safety systems, expectations, delivery of work scope and
provision of service.
• Provide clear, accurate and prompt information when requested from facility personnel in relation
to Metering and Analytical Systems compliance & issues.
• Be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation and understand the need for
good working relationships.
• Carry out measurement & HSE handovers and ensure that information is accurate. Action findings
from previous handovers.
• Contribute to the maintenance of a safety culture and identify issues that may impact safe systems
of work. Take part in client safety briefings and report findings, outcomes and lessons learned.
• Ensure client commercially sensitive data and information is secured.
Education and Minimum experience:
• Engineering degree preferred. HNC/HND or equivalent acceptable with relevant experience.
• Minimum of 10 + years of metering installation and operating experience (preferably in Oil and Gas