Responsible, for all Projects assigned to SVP Projects, for developing, implementing, and managing Company Project Cost Control systems, methods, tools and procedures that are used by the respective Project Teams in UAE and Qatar towards achieving desired project(s) objectives. Create, review and help maintain budgets, cost data, cost reports and schedules to achieve project targets, and provide related analysis and advice. In addition to managing Project Cost Controls works also perform normal day-to-day Cost Control duties on directly assigned UAE Projects.
· Manage cost personnel and their interfaces on all Company projects assigned to SVP Projects to ensure that appropriate procedures/ work practices are implemented and sufficient data is available to assess the commercial status of projects and aid Project Management in decision-making processes to reduce or mitigate the detrimental cost and schedule impact on each Project.
· Actively participate in developing project execution strategies as a key member of the Core Projects Management Team (CPMT),
· Follow approved procedures for cost control activities, efficiently track/monitor all project costs in close coordination with the contractors, vendors and project personnel, and produce reliable forecasts.
· Prepare commercial exhibits for main contracts to align with their scope of work.
· Provide assistance to the main contract/orders bid evaluation teams in preparing the commercial models used for the technical and commercial analysis of bids and take part in subsequent analysis.
· Prepare main contracts Recommendations to Award based on detailed commercial analysis of bids and negotiate unit/time rate reductions where appropriate prior to award.
· Record and control all costs related to project main contracts/orders, both committed and to be committed, in liaison with concerned parties including verification of amount charged against completed works, compliance with the contract, and expedite payments.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or equivalent advantageous.
15 years’ relevant cost control experience implementing oil and/or gas engineering and construction projects either with major international contractors or oil and gas companies, including significant experience in major offshore and onshore oil and/or gas projects, with progressively increasing managerial responsibilities.
Skills and Competencies:
Ability to manage Project Cost Control Team(s) working on various onshore and/or offshore projects in Qatar and the UAE.
Demonstrated ability to work independently on complex project cost control issues.