Our Client who is an exploration and production operating company in the Netherlands is currently looking for an experienced Senior HSEQ Engineer for their office in Norwich, UK
They have extensive experience managing a successful and balanced upstream portfolio of operated and non-operated exploration and production assets in the North Sea, Africa and Asia.
Department : HSEQ
Primary Purpose : Responsible for conducting ONE-Dyas UK activities (Production, Construction and Drilling related) in a safe and environmental acceptable way, in compliance with applicable legislation, and in accordance
with industry standards
Reports to : UK Production Superintendent: On day to day business
: HSEQ Manager : HSE program and HSE specific matters, supervise offshore HSE Engineers
Key Tasks (non exhaustive)
• Maintain and implement the HSEQ management system, update procedures and provide instructions/training packages.
• Maintain a detailed knowledge of the applicable regulations and codes affecting ONE-Dyas operations in the UK.
• Manage offshore HSE Engineers.
• Act as focal point for HSE matters for UK Authorities, facilitate queries and inspections.
• Provide HSE input to production, project and engineering teams.
• Keep Safety Cases up-to-date and submit revisions to Authorities in a timely manner. Manage and review third parties HSE technical studies (MAH, FERA, QRA etc).
• Conduct and facilitate risk assessments (Level 2, HAZID’s, HAZOP’s etc).
• Responsible Engineer for further to be specified Safety and Environmental Critical Elements (SECE’s) of Verification Scheme.
• Plan and conduct internal audits to assure implementation of critical procedures.
• Promote the reporting of Near Misses and analyse data for trends. Compose and distribute safety alerts.
• Lead accidents/incidents investigations.
• Maintain emergency plans. Liaise with third party Emergency control organization, organize emergency exercises and member of the Emergency Response Team.
• Assist in acquiring permits for new activities.
• Be the UK HSEQ representative to ONE-Dyas staff, guests, contractors, vendors, and authorities.
• Higher Professional Technical Education (Bachelor) or equivalent.
• 10 years relevant production operations experience in the Oil and Gas industry, good knowledge of oil
industry legislation, practices and procedures
• 5 years of experience in HSE function.
• Certificates in Health and Safety management are a prerequisite
• Effective communication & negotiation skills on different hierarchical levels.
• Team player, able to work with and influence people without creating resentment or hostility but also not afraid to speak up.
• Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, and self-motivated, ability to work independently.
• Creative and able to learn and adapt.
• Results oriented; willing to make decisions and accept accountability for results
• Prepared to fulfil tasks and activities which are not in the direct scope of responsibility.