Senior Geophysicist – Seismic Imaging Job Description
For one of our clients, we are recruiting a Senior Geophysicist responsible for planning, executing, and coordinating seismic processing/re-processing, advanced seismic imaging, anisotropic velocity modeling, time-depth conversion, reservoir characterization, and interactive modeling projects requested by different exploration and development teams.
· Senior Geophysicist is responsible for delivery of geophysical activities among a multidisciplinary Department to support company activities. Maximizing business impact by on-time delivery of high-quality geophysical products and technologies to teams, regarding costs that meet all business objectives and give company a competitive advantage
· Executing all aspects of work applying standard geoscience techniques, procedures and criteria;
· Performing or supervising seismic data processing & re-processing, velocity model building, time-depth conversion, advance depth imaging, and reservoir characterization projects
· Creating key communication products including maps, reports and presentations for geophysical activities deliverables.
· Analyzing and recommending seismic data purchases with producing detailed reports
· Assisting in developing recommendations for more difficult and complex geophysical projects
· Assisting in writing requests for quotes, evaluating bids, making recommendations based on performance and cost
· Collecting, organizing, evaluating, and mapping data to support exploration and development activities
· Follow strict Project Management protocols for all seismic processing/re-processing projects, including project scoping, project tracking, detailed QC and verification, archiving, and project closing
· Maintain effective communication with the teams. Understand business objectives and align work with a fit for purpose solutions to meet business needs. Communicate progress and results to customers and partners on a regular agreed-upon basis and conclude with final reports, archival of products, and closeout
· Interact effectively with geophysical services providers, seismic interpreters, geologist, petrophysicists, reservoir engineers and other teams across company as needed
· Work within a diverse and sometimes remote team environment
· Disseminate knowledge via best practice work processes, after action reviews, and publication of internal/external technical reports
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Geophysics, Physics or Geology. Post Graduate Degree in Geophysics a plus
· Must have 10+ years of industry experience in 2D & 3D land and marine seismic data processing (utilizing workflows that span in whole from field records, signal processing, refraction statics, velocity model building, pre-stack time & depth imaging), post-migration conditioning for DHI/AVO Analysis, advanced depth imaging, anisotropic velocity model building, time-depth conversion, reservoir characterization, seismic attributes generation and analysis, AVO/AVAZ inversion methods, seismic forward modelling (well ties, wedge models, fluid substitution),geophysical rock property analysis and evaluation,
· Must have effective completion of 3 or more work assignments with different technical and business challenges such as domestic or international, onshore and offshore, processing and reprocessing 2D and 3D seismic data; advanced imaging and reservoir characterization
· Must have skilled experience with multiple geophysical processing, mapping and modeling platforms, such as Emerson, Petrel SeisWorks, Hampson and Russell, Experience, Echos, EarthStudy 360, Omega, Promax.