For our client, a major company responsible for all phases of the oil and gas industry, we are looking for Senior Exploration Geophysicist.
Collaborating with multi-disciplinary project teams and peers to provide geophysical support for all exploration activities and studies across company's non-operated assets. Activities will include new venture opportunity screening, prospect & lead evaluation, drilling preparation & monitoring and seismic studies to both operators work and to provide company's technical recommendations for venture decisions and management approval.
Additional responsibilities include JV Asset Coordination and representation of the company in all technical meetings fostering communication and knowledge exchange, and providing support for improvement to the assets/regions assigned.
• Oil/gas finder with 10+ years experience as geophysical explorer in international oil companies.
• Proven track record of prospect maturation and risking.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams, projects and ventures.
• A keen explorer who enjoys working within a close team of professionals to mature exploration projects and provide clear recommendations for the company and JV.
• An ability to enthuse the team and to mentor younger staff as well as to reach across different disciplines.
• Should have demonstrable experience in oil and natural gas exploration and development projects in a wide range of sedimentary basins and tectonic settings globally, pre and post salt basins, basin and play led exploration from inception to prospect generation and drill-ready well locations.
• Must be able to work in a non-operated capacity demonstrating communication skills fundamental to preserving credibility and influencing company's operating JV partners.
• Should be abreast of the latest technological advancements in the industry.
• M.Sc. in a core Geoscience subject as a minimum