We are hiring a Sr. Drilling Engineer to work for our client, an International Oil & Gas Operator in Tunisia.
Purpose of Position
Perform well engineering activities/support in accordance with the WEMS and technical and HSSE policies and procedures.
To prepare detailed well designs, work programs and cost estimates according to the Company standards and guidelines to ensure full technical integrity.
· Provide full engineering support to all drilling and workover operations
· Lead and mentor junior engineers, and internship trainees
· Ensure all wells are designed and constructed in compliance with the Company Well Engineering process and Technical Policy on all drilling and workover projects
· Ensure coherence throughout all technical tendering procedures
· Monitor and ensure completion of drilling and workover projects in time and within budget
· Ensure full technical integrity of all drilling and workover projects
· Preparation of detailed work program
· Provide technical input for drilling and workover-related tender procedures
· Proving front-end well engineering design support to the development project(s)
· Actively conduct AARs, capture lessons learned and promote continuous performance improvement
· Ensuring Change Management procedures are implemented fully where required
· Ensuring deviations from standards and/or technical policy are adequately risk assessed and properly approved
· Supporting operational personnel on all technical aspects of drilling/workover program especially non-routine operations
· Notifying and discussing with Well Engineering Manager any deviation from the drilling/workover program
· Liaise and coordinate with service companies for detailed engineering work
· Actively conduct training for local drilling staff and their development
· Tracking and controlling the cost of all drilling-related operations and their compliance with budget and AFE
· Preparing drilling reports and final well reports
· Mentoring young Engineers
Minimum Qualification and Experience
· University Degree in Petroleum Engineering or associated discipline
· At least 15 years of experience in drilling engineering.
· Valid IWCF certificate supervisor level
· Preferred experience in international and/or remote drilling operations
· Fully conversant with standard office and drilling engineering software (Landmark experience preferred)
· Proven track record in applying performance drilling concepts
· Proven ability to quickly adapt to new environments
· Preparedness to take decisions and accept responsibility
· Experience in guidance and supervision of personnel
· Fluency in the English language
· Good communications skills, team-oriented working style
· A qualified professional, recognized as being capable of performing complex tasks, without supervision.
Terms & Conditions
Contract duration: 6 months with a possible extension thereafter
Availability: Immediate / ASAP
Work pattern: 8 hours/day, 5 days per week. Trips to the field, as needed