Senior Development Seismic Interpreter Job Description
For a Mexican onshore Oil & Gas operator with mainly Gas producing assets in several states of Mexico
and Headquarters in Mexico City, we are looking for a Senior Development Seismic Interpreter.
Experienced Seismic Interpreter with a strong technical background in integrative seismic interpretation, prospect identification and maturation within a multi-disciplinary Development team environment to deliver technically justifiable development, infill, and field extension/step-out well recommendations in a timely and efficient manner. Must have a demonstrated ability to integrate and effectively balance their technical skills along with prioritizing operational, economic, and strategic needs in coming to final recommendations to optimize assets.
Demonstrated ability to integrate regional to local scale geologic concepts and sequence stratigraphy along with key petrophysical logs, perform and quality control seismic well-ties for accuracy and incorporate reservoir engineering datasets in final interpretations and interpretation workflow. Must have prior experience with varied clastic sequences. Carbonate experience in a development role would be an additional asset.
Interpretation experience required in mapping structural, stratigraphic, and combined trap configurations, seismic facies characterization, integration of seismic amplitude and basic attribute analysis into final products, volumetric assessment and in providing support for seismic reprocessing and integration of advanced geophysical techniques.
Prior knowledge of various Mexico basins is required, preferably with additional prior assignments on international projects and/or with an international company.
- Ensure health, safety and environment are priorities in all activities.
- Delivery of fully integrated and mature recommendations for development, in-fill, and step-out evaluation prospects, well positioning and recommended data acquisition while drilling programs.
- Ability to perform forward modeling for AVO studies (well analysis).
- Delivery of geophysical inputs to development planning and ongoing updates to the Field Development Plans for each area of responsibility. Integrate technical, operational, economic, and strategic factors into final decisions and recommendations.
- Collaborate in efforts to reprocess legacy onshore 3D seismic data for better imaging and reservoir characterization, including providing guiding surfaces and active QC of intermediary and final products, and advising on geophysical context of features identified on seismic during the reprocessing workflows.
- Provide mentoring to less experienced local geophysical staff.
Required Skills / Experience:
Integrative Geophysicist with 10+ years upstream interpretation experience, with a focus on Development activities.
Previous experience working in Oil & Gas companies with following competencies:
• Regional Mexico interpretation experience complemented with either international projects or assignments/work experience in multiple Hydrocarbon Basins, in a variety of stratigraphic and structural settings.
• Fully experienced in 2D / 3D Seismic Interpretation and ability to deliver accurate and coherent fault-horizon maps.
• Experienced in Seismic Sequence Stratigraphy interpretation in Clastic, and ideally Carbonate, sequences.
• Good knowledge of geologic depositional systems, geologic workflow outputs, petrophysical interpretations and reservoir engineering data and how to integrate key elements into the final geophysical interpretations and recommendations.
• Prospect maturation through to final execution of drill well and subsequent post appraisal activities.
• Demonstrated capacity for performing independent 3D seismic interpretations and quality control of outputs using either Petrel or Paradigm SeisEarth software.
• Experience in forward modeling for AVO studies (well analysis).
• Experience in integration of AVO seismic volume products into the interpretation workflow.
• Experience in integration of acoustic-elastic-LambdaRo-MhuRo-AB-etc. volumes in the identification of reservoir distribution and fluid presence.
• Is an effective and proactive communicator, a well-organized self-starter with demonstrated ability to be accountable for delivery of objectives in a timely manner, who frequently takes the initiative, and who has prior experience working in multi-disciplinary and/or multi-national teams.
• Possesses mature skills in Volumetric and Risk assessment