Senior Development Geologist Job Description
For a Mexican onshore Oil & Gas operator with mainly Gas producing assets in several states of Mexico
and Headquarters in Mexico City, we are looking for a Senior Development Geologist.
Must have a demonstrated ability to integrate and effectively balance their technical skills along with prioritizing operational, economic, and strategic needs in coming to final recommendations to optimize assets.
Geologic experience working with a wide range of depositional environments, with key strengths in integration of diverse geoscience, petrophysical and engineering datasets and sequence stratigraphic interpretation of well logs in clastic sequences in Mexico and preferentially with additional prior assignments on international projects and/or with an international company.
Must be fully familiar with and have experience working with geologic operations personnel during drilling operations. Experience working with Fractured and/or Carbonate reservoirs would be an asset.
Demonstrated capacity for generating well log cross sections, iso-property maps, mapping in structural, stratigraphic and combined trap configurations, volumetric reserve calculations, integrated drainage area mapping and geologic risk assessment. Prior experience working with and supporting seismic reprocessing projects is desirable.
- Ensure health, safety and environment are priorities in all activities.
- Delivery of fully integrated and mature recommendations for development, in-fill, and step-out evaluation prospects, well positioning and recommended data acquisition while drilling programs.
- Delivery of geoscience inputs to development planning and ongoing updates to the Field Development Plans for each area of responsibility. Integrate technical, operational, economic, and strategic factors into final decisions and recommendations.
- In cooperation with Exploration counterparts, the delivery of regional to sub regional scale sequence stratigraphic frameworks to support Development activities and delivery of Play Fairway maps to support volumetric parameters and risking parameters for prospects.
- Collaborate in efforts to reprocess legacy onshore 3D seismic data for better imaging and reservoir characterization, including providing correlated tops, active QC of intermediary and final products, and advising on geologic context of features identified on seismic during the reprocessing workflows.
Required Skills / Experience:
Integrative Geologist with 10+ years upstream interpretation experience, with a focus on Development activities.
Previous experience working in Oil & Gas companies with following competencies:
• Regional Mexico interpretation experience complemented with either international projects or assignments/work experience in multiple Hydrocarbon Basins, in a variety of stratigraphic and structural settings.
• Prior 2D / 3D Seismic Interpretation experience and/or evidence of extensive collaboration with seismic interpreters.
• Well log correlation and experience in sequence stratigraphic interpretation techniques, along with good knowledge of petrophysical interpretations, reservoir engineering data and how to integrate geophysical outputs into final interpretations.
• Prospect maturation in structural and combined stratigraphic plays
• Prospect maturation through to final execution of drill well and subsequent post appraisal activities.
• Proficiency with using, interpreting and displaying geologic/petrophysical/seismic datasets in either Petrel or Paradigm StrataEarth software systems.
• Generation of maps essential for characterization of plays, distribution of reservoir and net pay, and the configuration and distribution of the various reservoir limits within Jaguar’s development areas.
• Is an effective and proactive communicator, a well-organized self-starter with demonstrated ability to be accountable for delivery of objectives in a timely manner, who frequently takes the initiative, and who has prior experience working in multi-disciplinary and/or multi-national teams.
• Possesses mature skills in Volumetric and Risk assessment activities.