WTS Energy is hiring two Senior Accountants for one of its client who is reputed real estate developer.
Duration: 6 months(may be extendable)
Financial accountants for an initial period of up to 6 months to fill vacant positions in the organization and support the development of policies and procedures including reorganisation of financial processes leading up to the upgrade of our MSD accounting system.
Reports to CFO/VP Finance
• Prepare Financial Statements of organization for internal and external reporting as per agreed timeline
• Coordinate and liaise with other departments to collect data and documents needed for accounting transactions.
• Manage the execution of financial transactions in accordance with organization’s accounting controls, policies and procedures.
• Review and analyse Sub Ledger and General Ledger accounts for reconciliation of recorded accounting transactions on assigned accounts.
• Compile and analyse financial information to reconcile recorded accounting transactions and prepare authorised financial transactions for entry
• Prepare own monthly relevant reconciliation schedule and review other section's schedules for efficient and timely submittal.
• Coordinate and facilitate the annual and interim audit functions with zero qualifications.
• Support the Department with monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting as well as compilation of MIS (management information system) pack & backup schedule files as per timeline based on the One Page Plan for external and internal reviews.
• Update subsidiary companies accounting entries and close subsidiary books in line with company policies.
• Reconcile inter-company accounts and coordinate necessary correction entries with the respective finance subordinates, as well as provide support in clearing inter-company balances.
• Review, track and maintain fixed assets register and FA related entries and Provide support with bi-annual physical inventory counts (twice annually).
• Continuously assess the financial closing process and perform process reengineering to reduce the financial closing period and increase its efficiency
• Manage organization’s Real Estate portfolio valuation on an annual basis and liaison with external valuation company.
• Manage and supervise subordinates in the financial reporting team.
• Perform any duties assigned by the management (as and when required).
• A bachelor's Degree in Finance and Accounting, or a similar qualification.
• A Professional financial qualification either CIMA/ ACCA/ CA/ CPA.
Skills & Knowledge:
• Extensive understanding of international, IFRS, national finance and accounting standards and regulations
• Ability to communicate across all levels within the organization.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong understanding and interpretation of numerical data.
• Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills in English (writing, reading and verbal), Arabic would be considered an advantage.
• Knowledge of MS Office package 2003/ 2007, and good knowledge of Oracle Financial modules.
• A keen eye for detail.
• Ability to multitask and manage deadlines.
• Outstanding organizational and administrative skills.
• Excellent follow up, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• A minimum of 8-10 years’ experience within Finance or Accounting, with experience in a similar capacity.
Technical Evaluation Criteria
1- Technical skills of candidates
2- Knowledge of Real Estate / Government developers
3- Interpersonal skills