- Responsible for the security of assets, facilities, operations, and personnel (employees and contractors) who work in the Sapele division.
- Develop and implement strategies for acquiring and managing proactive security information which will be distilled into actionable intelligence for the successful and positive deployment to Company`s operational areas.
- Identify, assess, and manage security risks to Company to ensure that assets, personnel and operations are protected from crime, violence and others business-related risks.
- Provide and share intelligence reports with relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure that assets, personnel and operations are protected from crime, violence and other business-related risks within the Western asset.
- Maintain relationship and network with relevant Government agencies and other security stakeholders in support of Company`s operations ensuring that Company derives the highest standards of security services while complying with the Voluntary principles on Security and Human Rights, VPSHR.
- Deliver highest quality, Value-adding security services in support of Company’s operation to ensure achievement of business goals.
- Provide the Security Manager support with regular intelligence and management reports to guide decisions on security issues.
- Implement procedures for the effective management of security related emergencies and crises in support of business continuity as directed by the Corporate Security Manager.
- Coordinate investigation of security incidents, facilitate prosecutions of offenders, and handle security audits and ensure implementation of recommended security remedial actions within his AOR
- Provide VIP protection services for the Leadership and Management team members and other designated VIPs that may be resident in or on business visit to the West.
- Develop, implement support the defence of annual security budgets in respect of security activities in the Company.
- Coordinate the development of Security contract plans and manage all security contracts assigned to you.
- A sound knowledge of Security Management in an industrial setting.
- A minimum of 10 years security experience at least 5 of which must have been in a senior position in an oil and gas company.
- A good military or security background will be an advantage.
- A good bachelor’s degree.