Sales Manager – Licensing Job Description
WTS Energy is seeking to hire Sales Manager Licensing for one of its client who is a reputed Chemicals Manufacturing company.
Location: Dubai (Travel to ME and India)
Licensing Sales Manager will lead the licensing opportunity sales team throughout the selling process. This includes setting win strategies, pursuing internal approvals, leading presentations to prospective licensees and agreements negotiations.
Key Job Responsibilities
1. Identifies and pursues sales opportunities for new licenses and services. Makes initial contacts with prospective licensees. Identifies customer requirements and priorities, project scope and schedule. Identifies key decision-makers and other important contact people in the customer organization.
2. Leads the licensing opportunity sales team throughout the selling process. This includes setting win strategies, pursuing internal approvals, leading presentations to prospective licensees and agreements negotiations.
3. For new license sales determines need for involvement of contractors, licensing partners, financing connections, Government agencies; makes the relevant contacts and coordinates the participation of these entities.
4. Develops and obtains Company management endorsement for proposed commercial terms for individual customers.
5. In collaboration with Company law partners, creates proposals for License Agreements and other contractual documents for each customer.
6. Develops and implements sales negotiation strategy; presents contracts to customer and leads negotiations of complex agreements. Escalates negotiation to higher Company management levels as needed. The Licensing Sales Manager will frequently negotiate directly with top management in customer companies.
7. Maintains lead commercial connection to licensees through project execution, start-up and post-start-up period.
8. Manages and reports timely and accurate sales forecast for the opportunities pipeline in the assigned region(s).
Skills and Competency Profile
1. Sound technical skills and either existing knowledge of the relevant Company technologies and the related global make-product industry, or the ability to acquire this knowledge rapidly on the job.
2. Marketing and sales skills to be able to define customer needs, identify the key individuals within the customer companies and promote our technology offerings convincingly to influence the decision makers in our favor.
3. Good basic understanding of financial information.
4. Leadership skills to act effectively as the head of a multifunctional Company team for sales or licensing services.
5. Organizational skills to bring together the varied resources needed for individual licensing deals in different countries around the world (such as engineering contractor partners, trading and financing providers or US government agencies).
6. Sound interpersonal skills to be able to form good working relationships with internal and external contacts.
7. Good problem solving skills.
8. Confidence and ability to negotiate effectively with very high level customer representatives (may include corporate executive levels in major petrochemical companies, owners of private businesses, government-appointed executives in certain countries).
9. Mature business judgment.
10. Ability to function effectively in fluid or ambiguous situations.
11. International business and cultural awareness and sensitivity.
12. Thorough knowledge of licensing contract structure and terms, generally acquired on the job.
13. Superior written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with people whose first language is not English.
Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field of study such as Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
1. Minimum of ten years commercial/technical experience in chemical/petrochemical industry, preferably in polyolefins.
2. Experience in negotiating complex commercial agreements, preferably including experience with License agreement negotiations containing Intellectual Property protection elements.
3. Experience in working with senior executive level customer representatives.