For our client, a major maintenance Company, we are looking for radiation protection personnel to work in a nuclear power plant in UAE.
These experienced personnel shall be capable of providing oversight of radiological work and share knowledge with a very inexperienced staff in order to meet the requirements for Radiation Safety and Radioactive Waste Management.
The role involves implementation of the Radiation Protection activities during operational readiness, start-up and normal operation of the Nuclear Power Plant as per regulatory requirements, operating policies and principles, nuclear standards for nuclear safety, industrial safety, and environmental protection, to ensure overall business performance objectives are achieved.
Specific duties include:
· Execute the process to manage and control Radiation and Radioactive Contamination to ensure safe operation of the plant.
· Designate and operate temporary Radiological Controlled Areas as needed.
· Monitor the radiological activities.
· Conduct periodic surveillance tests and surveys.
· Monitor high radiation areas, locked high radiation areas, contaminated areas, and airborne areas.
· Monitor the transportation of radioactive material.
· Must be English proficient.
· Shall have a minimum of 5 and 10 years respectively of nuclear power plant experience
· Must be able to obtain and maintain unescorted nuclear plant access.
· Must be able to complete all medical requirements associated with ERO
· Must be able and willing to assume “on-call” rotational assignments which may include 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week availability.
· Must be willing and medically able to work rotating shifts and maximum overtime permitted by procedures during peak periods.
· Must be willing and capable of using protective clothing and work in areas with elevated temperatures, high noise backgrounds, asbestos, radiation, and other industrial hazards.