As a Yard Quality Manager you are part of the platform site team of the offshore grid connections. The site team operates from the platform contractor's design office, jacket and/or topside fabrication sites in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Responsible for verification of Contractor's performance related to Quality assurance and manage day to day quality inspections to verify contractor's progress and performance against the employer requirements, agreed procedures, applicable norms and standards.
To report to the Site Manager and are assisted by a Quality Lead support and a Quality Vendor Inspection Coordinator.
Monitor, coordinate and take part in review of QA/QC documents
Coordinate, witness, conduct and report on QMS audits
NCR issuance and follow up
Coordinate daily site inspections for the various disciplines (Structure/Coating/Architectural/Electrical/Auxiliaries/Mechanical)
Responsible for vendor inspection coordination
Monitor and follow up on contractor's KPIs
Coordinate, report and follow up on verification of contractor IRN and other documentation dossiers
Monitor and follow up on site quality observations and punch list closing out.
Have a strong daily presence on the shop floor with good communication with the contractor to observe contractor's work but without disturbing it's workflow
Work closely and liaise with the Certifying Authority when required
Provide input for a monthly site team report on the specific area of expertise
Identifying and Reporting contractor deviation from its processes and procedures
Write procedures and or flow charts
Participate in Contractor Monthly Quality Meeting and weekly site quality meeting.
Verify implementation of preservation activities
Terms & Conditions
Type : On a yearly renewable contract
Location : Dubai
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Engineering discipline (Structural/Mechanical) or equivalent experience
- Experience in ISO 9001 process. A relevant qualification as Lead Auditor is a plus.
- A relevant inspector qualification (AWS, CSWIP, NACE/FROSIO or comparable) is a plus
- Should have (5 years +) in fabrication of offshore constructions, preferably in offshore wind platforms.
- Exposure about standards and norms applicable for offshore wind platform fabrication
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Willingness to reside for a longer period of time in the UAE