Our Client is one of the leading company in the global market of storage of chemicals and other liquids. For their terminal in Houston we are currently looking for a project manager.
- This position will provide Project Management for key expansion projects and enhancements in new and existing facilities in the dynamic environment of a chemical storage terminal.
- The position provides expertise, supervision, guidance and control needed to ensure that planning, engineering and construction of physical and technical facilities are performed to the highest standards of safety, quality, performance and cost effectiveness.
- Provide planning, design, engineering and construction overview of all facilities, equipment and systems needed to maintain the Company's competitive position and assuring alignment with business objectives.
- Planning – Provide the guidance to develop project scopes, preparation of conceptual and detailed cost estimates, develop schematics, detailed drawings and specifications needed for all new construction, expansion or major improvements. Evaluate risks associated with various options.
- Detailed engineering – Provide guidance for development of all discipline detailed engineering.
- Ensure all stakeholders of projects including operations, maintenance, finance, QHSE, management, business development both agree with the scope and are aware of project status.
- Procurement – With assistance from purchasing department develop accurate bid documentation, conduct consultant, contractor and supplier screening, conduct technical and commercial bid evaluations on services and materials.
- Quality control – Work to ensure that contractors and suppliers deliver, in accordance with approved plans, specifications and standards of performance; establish testing and inspection procedures for quality control of all construction activities and technical systems. Provide guidance to the Construction Manager or Contractor to assure Q/C requirements are met on all projects.
- Project Safety - Ensure safe and executable designs and construction safety is implemented and effective. Conduct, or have third party conduct MOC’s, PHA’s, PSSR’s and/or audits as required.
- Reporting - Develop detailed project reports to convey project status to Management and stake holders. These include planned vs. actual or earned progress status, planned vs. actual cash flow, planned vs. actual resources, injuries or OSHA recordables, others as required.
- Create final project job books and other relevant documentation to insure effective handover to Operations and Maintenance.
- Lead projects with internal or external Engineering, Procurement, and Construction scopes. Interface with primary contractors to deliver the project safely, on budget, and on schedule. Work with Procurement to develop contracting strategy.
- Coordinate federal, state or city project permitting.
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written.
- Cooperate with and support colleagues. Compliance with company policies, including the Code of Conduct, is mandatory.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in professional engineering capacity with a Chemical Storage Terminal, Chemical Plant or Refinery or with a large engineering company or similar multidiscipline engineering organization.
- EPC experience helpful but not required.
- Experience managing several projects ($50k - $5million) in chemical storage terminal construction, petrochemical expansions or debottlenecking projects, major refinery expansion within the last 5 years.
- Minimum B.S. degree in civil, mechanical or chemical engineering, or related engineering field.
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows: Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project & PowerPoint