Lead Engineer, Projects
United Arab Emirates
WTS Energy is seeking to hire Project Engineer (Ship building/Ship repiar) for one of its client who is a reputed company in Ship building/Ship repair industry.
· Responsible for overall setup, operations and completion of Project Engineering activities in the Engineering department in line with safety, quality and budgetary targets set, while also achieving KSI / KPIs targets.
· Responsible for the overall activities of planning, control and monitoring of multi discipline design and execution of new buildings and other specialized projects, including Ship conversion and repair work.
· Prepares/approves projects status reports and regularly monitors budget, analyzing, summarizing information and trends.
· Plan engineering activities for each project as well as overall Engineering Department and monitor the progress against planned activities.
· Supervise and control the development of engineering deliverable lists and individual project schedules.
· Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings and documents.
· Act as a focal point of contact/interface with Yard internal and external parties for projects.
· Implement approved departmental policies, processes, procedures and provide instructions to subordinates and monitor their adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled manner.
· Implement the day-to-day operations assigned for the Projects section to ensure compliance with the established standards and procedures.
· Execute duties of department manager, project engineering manager or lead engineer as required.
· Plan and maintain manpower and other resources required for smooth operation of the section.
· Estimate man-hours and materials for delegated aspects of work.
· Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.