- Implementing and evaluating earned value on projects to track progress in field construction projects
- Proactively monitoring and communicating budget, actual status, and forecast costs/labour hours for projects. Creating client and internal status reports that effectively communicate cost status.
- Use analytical thinking ability to assist the project manager and or construction manager to develop accurate and timely estimate at completion monthly.
- Specific experience in cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, cost control, change management, risk management, cost analysis, variance analysis
- Experience with work breakdown structures and resolving financial issues
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Knowledge of Engineering and Construction techniques and their costs impacts
- Coordinates requirements for project managers and implements specific control procedures.
- Establish cost and progress control parameters for performance monitoring.
- At least 7 years of cost engineering/ project controls experience.
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, Business Administration, Project Management, Construction Management, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Work with a multi-disciplined group (Engineering and or Construction) to determine the EAC, the efficiency of both cost (CPI) and schedule (SPI), highlight the potential risk(s) to completion and their financial impact
- Cost Engineering /Project Controls experience on EPCMV life-cycle projects.
- Advanced Excel and/or Power BI skills
- High degree of Emotional Intelligence, team player mentality, coachable
- Prolog, EPCMV project life cycle experience (home office & field construction)