· Manage cost personnel and their interfaces on all projects assigned to SVP Projects to ensure that appropriate procedures/ work practices are implemented and sufficient data is available to assess the commercial status of projects and aid Project Management in decision making processes to reduce or mitigate detrimental cost and schedule impact on each Project.
· Actively participate in developing project execution strategies as a key member of the Core Projects Management Team (CPMT).
· Follow approved procedures for cost control activities, efficiently track / monitor all project costs in close coordination with the contractors, vendors and project personnel and produce reliable forecasts.
· Prepare commercial exhibits for main contracts to align with their scope of work.
· Provide assistance to the main contract / orders bid evaluation teams in preparing the commercial models used for technical and commercial analysis of bids and take part in subsequent analysis.
· Prepare main contracts Recommendations to Award based on detailed commercial analysis of bids and negotiate unit / time rate reductions where appropriate prior to award.
· Record and control all costs related to project main contracts / orders, both committed and to be committed, in liaison with concerned parties including verification of amount charged against completed works, compliance with contract and expediting payments.
· Prepare life of project budgets / Approval For Expenditures (AFE), budget / AFE revisions, expenditure reports, invoice verification / SAP input and advance notification of funds required to ensure that adequate financial provisions are in place for the efficient implementation of the Projects.
· Control commitment and expenditure versus Budget / AFE and regularly review final cost estimate to ensure that actual and forecast expenditure / commitment are, and will remain, within the approved Budget(s) and AFE(s), in addition to assessing variances to approved Budget / Approval For Expenditure and seeking feasible justification to support over and under runs in order to advise management accordingly.
· Prepare monthly and ad-hoc budget control and expenditure incurred forecasts highlighting current trends for management and inputting expenditure values in SAP financial reporting suite.
· Review significant cost allocations against the Project to ensure that only authorized expenditures are booked and that costs are allocated against correct cost codes / project areas.
· Provide Projects and Finance Management with ad-hoc cost analysis and reports for management to support and facilitate decision making.
· Assist in the reviews of changes initiated by the Company, Contractors and Vendors and follow them through to rejection or incorporation into Work Order or Variation Order.
· Prepare, or review and approve, invoicing and costs control procedures for main Contractors to implement.
· Assess impact of progress and scheduling activities on Project cost and ensure that reliable cost forecasts, based on accurate progress figures and project completion dates, are maintained.
· Ensure that records of all project activities relating to contracts, budgets, expenditure, forecasts, etc. are maintained, up-to-date and accurate to facilitate reference and auditing as required.
· Prepare and issue, when required, monthly summary PMT manpower, Contractor Variations / status tabular reports and internal monthly Cost Reports for each Project.
· Provide input to commercial risk exercises and ad hoc studies.
· Perform duties as and when assigned by SVP UAE Projects or Project Management.
· Conduct all work activities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner at all times by not taking on any task(s) that are perceived as unsafe, whilst complying with the Company QHSE management system and reporting all incidents and near misses to the supervisor or QHSE representative.
Minimum Educational Requirements / Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or equivalent advantageous.
· 15 years’ relevant cost control experience implementing oil and/or gas engineering and construction projects either with major international contractors or oil and gas companies, including significant experience in major offshore and onshore oil and/or gas projects.
Skills and Competencies:
· Ability to manage Project Cost Control Team(s) working on various onshore and/or offshore project.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently on complex project cost control issues.
· Cost control, budgeting and commercial planning skills.
· Project Management / Leadership Skills including a strong personality to command.
· Sound technical and business knowledge.
· Negotiation and influencing skills.
· Strong evaluation and decision making skills.
· Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Good analytical and judgmental skills.
· Good planner / organizer and reporting skills.
· Team player.
· Clear / logical thinker.
· Excellent knowledge and competence in written and spoken English.
· Knowledge of Arabic and experience in working in the Gulf Area is an advantage.
· PC skills.
· Availability and flexibility to work in different places is an added advantage.